Plotting a training route

Caerus

I'm currently riding my training bike without a cyclometer/ gps unit - I've been training for about an hour and a half every afternoon, now I would like to know how far I've ridden and I would also like to be able to see or plan my route.

Is this possible to do on Google maps or Google Earth( maybe another mapping program), whereby I can click along the route I know I've ridden on the interactive map and it will plot my route showing the distance covered?

Many Thanks

endomondo. see the endomondo thread. you can save your route for further reference, and either keep it private, or make it public for others to see. easy to use too, and looks nice.

endomondo. see the endomondo thread. you can save your route for further reference, and either keep it private, or make it public for others to see. easy to use too, and looks nice.

I've tried the Endomondo route, but there appears to be an issue with the GPS on my phone as I cannot get any satellite coverage for some reason, need to go into the shop to find out why.

I've got it on my phone, but because of the satellite issue it does not map the ride :(

Ok - I thought that you were looking for something to manually map the ride. If you go to the endo website, you get something that looks like Google Maps/Satellite/Hybrid, and you can map your ride manually, and save it.

Stupid question, but have you got the gps turned on?

Ok - I thought that you were looking for something to manually map the ride. If you go to the endo website, you get something that looks like Google Maps/Satellite/Hybrid, and you can map your ride manually, and save it.

Stupid question, but have you got the gps turned on?

Yeah I have got it turned on :lol: ( I think).I would like to do it manually now because of the issues im having with my GPS, I turn it one but it never finds any satellites, hence why I need to go into the shop to see what the problem is, unless anyone else here also has a Sony Ericsson Vivaz that could help :unsure:

I'm currently riding my training bike without a cyclometer/ gps unit - I've been training for about an hour and a half every afternoon, now I would like to know how far I've ridden and I would also like to be able to see or plan my route.

Is this possible to do on Google maps or Google Earth( maybe another mapping program), whereby I can click along the route I know I've ridden on the interactive map and it will plot my route showing the distance covered?

Many Thanks

Where are you riding?