It's a quarter after 1

MXkid77

and man i really want to ride. Taken in a couple DVD's whilst i am injured and i so want to ride.

Edited by MXkid77

funny... all i can think about when i read the topic headline is "I'm a little drunk and I need you now..."

seriously though, dude. Heal up! :thumbup:

Edited by cptmayhem

Good luck. I know how you feel. My arm has just come out of a cast after 6 weeks, will only be back on a bike nexy year again though. Dont tush the recovery to much.

shame man. what happened?Healing vibes..

Thanks guys, Cap i had a huge one before the big double, after pebble beach @ Cascades. First proper ride on my new bike and it felt so good, that i did not realize how much faster i was rolling into the section before the double. You have to jump over a couple holes and miss a stump to carry enough speed to clear the double. (Same double Jess Stone broke her collarbone over this year).

I jumped too far and hit the stump, which knocked my feet off the pedals and ended up sitting down over the drop before the double. Landed front wheel heavy which pringled my front wheel, locked the front up and high sided OTB into the bank on the right side with my right shoulder.

It all felt like a muscular injury at the time, but i think their could be a possible fracture involved.

Well it was going on 4 weeks ago and the shoulder has strengthened some, but is still to weak to ride. It is getting better though.

Bummed about the wheel, and later when i got home, found a compression dent in the frame from the fork stopper, and a broken shifter.

Now i have some Boxxer WC's fitted, and can't wait to get back on and see what the new GT is capable of.

All i can say is, my motto, Dress for the crash,not the ride. Saved my shoulder, things could have been a lot worse if i wasn't wearing a chest protector.

post-8700-0-85644200-1324534784.jpg

Edited by MXkid77

holy taco...:0

I recall a DirtTV clip i think it was, of Jess Stone eating it. Looked pretty gnarly.. <_<

Glad you ok man! yikes. Hows the fork though? Did u swop to the WCs because there was something wrong with the crashed fork?

funny... all i can think about when i read the topic headline is "I'm a little drunk and I need you now..."

seriously though, dude. Heal up! :thumbup:

+1 :lol:

holy taco...:0

I recall a DirtTV clip i think it was, of Jess Stone eating it. Looked pretty gnarly.. <_<

Glad you ok man! yikes. Hows the fork though? Did u swop to the WCs because there was something wrong with the crashed fork?

Yeah, that's the section in the video, you can see as Jess enters that section, she lands and goes just to the right of the stump i hit. (Link to the video below).

http://dirt.mpora.com/news/dirttvpietermaritzburg-world-cup-practise-session.html

Nothing wrong with the 2012 Boxxer races, they are actually very sweet forks. The team bought Tim Bentley's old GT Fury WC, so i put first dibs on the forks. Put them on but haven't been able to test them yet.... Hacked.

Edited by MXkid77

Hope you heal up soon!

On the DVD topic, my copy of The Collective Anthology arrived yesterday. Been up since the wee hours for a marathon viewing session.