Maguira Louise BAT back brake noise

MeridaHFS

My back brake makes one hell of a noise when I use it - be it downhill,level road. I've cleaned pads and rotor and even had the spokes tensioned again as the manual mentions this can cause sqealing. At the moment it feels as if the whole back of the bike wants to dissintegrate when I brake(I also wake up half of the neighbourhood in the morning!)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

have got the same brakes and what a pain lol, both front and back squeel like a pig being skinned alive.

what i find is that its generally due to contamination

what works for me is i sand the pads just a little so that the black crud comes off then grip them with a pair of pliers and burn the back of the pad with a lighter till they stop smoking and spray some "white lightning brake and chain cleaner" onto the pads and put a spark to it to burn off (watch out the stuff is super flammable) and give the rotors a wipe as well.

generally that sorts it for me

Ok, I can try that! The worse that could happen is I burn the garage down and claim a new bike with a different brake set :blush:

My back brake makes one hell of a noise when I use it - be it downhill,level road. I've cleaned pads and rotor and even had the spokes tensioned again as the manual mentions this can cause sqealing. At the moment it feels as if the whole back of the bike wants to dissintegrate when I brake(I also wake up half of the neighbourhood in the morning!)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Same brakes, and the front is allways noisy. The back is fine. :angry: Heck! Darn!

Read this on their site one day:

bit of copper grease between the piston and the back of the pad sorts it out.

The GF has had no problems at all since she bought the Storm SL rotors and the preformance pads. Been going a year now and no problems at all (without the grease)

bit of copper grease between the piston and the back of the pad sorts it out.

Just be a little careful when doing this, as i had the BBB pads, and the back of the pad had little holes in the metal bit where the pad stuck through a little bit for attachement and the grease seeped through and contaminated the pad :oops: had to then sand and burn the back of the pad to de-contaminate

Have done the grease thing(running genuine magura pads on currently)but worked for a few km's only. Think I'm popping down to CWC tomorrow and getting new pads - maybe that will help.. :blush:

The GF had loads of problems. We tried various rotors and makes of pads. Been a year now with not a squeal, she bought SL storm rotors and the preformance magura pads. If you have magura rotoors I woud suggest getting the preformance pads. The last just as long as the normal. I have heard many times u should only use margura parts on magura brakes only.