scott pro 2c

tunariaan

I've been busy for some time trying to find the right 29 er in around R30000

I think this is the one I will get when I am back in SA

Do any of you ride this bike and is there anything negative to say about it?

Jy is so deurmekaar soos kat kots on n tumbledryer! :lol:

Laas week was dit Merida, die week voor dit GT of Giant ...

There is so much to chose from so you can't blame him :D

True but that is a great problem to have!

So let's try and help.

Narrow your choice down to two bikes. Take them out for test rides if you can. The prettiest bike does not necessary have the best geometry.

Trust you gut and go with the bike that looks and feels the best to you! There will be a lot of opinions on the hub about which brand to go for but you will be the one that has to ride the bike. In the 30K price range the components are so similar that it should not be a major decision breaker.

Don't know of anything "negative" on the Scott other than stock issues, not easily available till mid Feb.

Here is the spanner, the Scott is lighter than the Merida but the Giant has a better geomitry :D

Thanks,ja ek mag deermekaar wees,R30000 is n klomp geld en ek wil seker maak dat die regte bike is, die solis waarna ek gekyk het was great ma dis nie n bekende brand nie en ek worry bietjie oor naverkope , die groot downpipe van die giant sit mt bietjie af en dan is daar klomp klagtes van frames wat breek waar die saal ingaan

Die spez is net klein bietjie te duur eb die merida veels te wit

Ek is nou 95 persent seker v die scott- die dat ek vra of enige van julle iets negatief kan se

Dankie v jou hulp

Plus ek is weg in wes afrika v werk.dis nou week 6 -nog 3 om te gaan so eks ma lus v bikery en vir bietjie trailrunning

Jy bedoel sekerlik die Scott Scale 29er Pro?

Daar is n Scott Scale 29er RC maar dit is nader aan R50k, weet nie van n Pro 2c nie?

Sover ek weet is die issue met die Giants uitgesort, dit was op vroer modelle wat ge-recall is. Neem dit wat jy op die net lees maar met n knippie sout, daar is baie moan gatte daar buite!

Ek is nou 95 persent seker v die scott- die dat ek vra of enige van julle iets negatief kan se

Iets negatief... ek het nie een in my garage nie! :drool:

Two biggest challenges of all time:

a) Take the bikes out for a test drive? where?

B) stock of 2012 29ers...

I have been trying for months to get a Scott Spark RC or Pro, not mention the Specialized S-works Epic or Expert and the supply is laughable...

ps The Scott Pro was the editor's choice (value for money) in the January edition of The Bicycling mag

ps The Scott Pro was the editor's choice (value for money) in the January edition of The Bicycling/Runners World mag

There fixed ....

Trust a runner ... pppfht! :lol:

I have ridden the Cannondale Flash 29er and it was a great ride,very light but also quite a wait for one.

As said above you need to buy what looks and feels good to you.The more you like your bike,the more you will want to ride it.

Two biggest challenges of all time:

a) Take the bikes out for a test drive? where?

B) stock of 2012 29ers...

My problem as well. I REALLY want to take the Spark 29r for a test ride, but they are sold before they even get to the store. Looks like I'll have to buy one and if I don't like it, sell it again. At least demand won't be a problem!