Which hardtail in R10k range?

Newboy

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you know that GF and Trek is launching the trial program in SA. You will be able to order a trial bike at you local dealer, ride it for a week and then return it. Now if I could just get the number of 52 different dealers I would not need to buy a bike.

BTW, I was told this by the Trek guy at the 94.7 expo. They're gonna come to races aswell and have trial days at places like Northern Farms aswell.

Ride the HiFi 29'er on a trial, you'll probably buy one, that's why they're doing it. It's an easy way to sell a bike.

One clocks 4000 and the other 5000 posts, goeie bliksem!  Confused

Hijack on... Titus, so what you think of the GF Hi-Fi? I need/want/have to buy a dualie for the Epic. Don't know if i should go 26 or 29 - not to mention what bike ... but anyways. What about support for 29'ers at the Epic if i go that route? Tyres, etc etc ...

Hijack off

I've only ridden it on very light off road stuff at this point, most of the riding has been on the road, seeing as I have a broken collar bone and all!

Do the 29'er! A friend of mine has just gotten himself one as well, he was up in Jo'burg and rode the 26 and 29 HiFi's back to back and said that the 29'er was alot better to ride, oh yeah, he's pretty short, about 5'7, I think. He's gonna be doing the Epic on his, he's convinced his partner to do the Epic on his, I'm doing the Epic on a 29'er, in short there should be quite a few of us.

What we can do is all get a couple of 29'er tyres, getting them isn't an issue but as always getting them at the Epic might be an issue (like brake pads last year after day 1), so we get them all together and find a friend who doesn't mind transporting them for us, that way we're all covered, I'm gonna make sure that there are a few spare 29'er rims available as well. the rest of the stuff is pretty standard, unless you snap a frame or fork?

Wasn't specifically looking at the GF, but there doesn't seem to many 29'ers around. Spoke to a dude at CycleLab (happend to be in the area) and he said you'de have to order one to get one. Now what is the point of that?

Currently looking at a RM Element ... an option, but 26'er ofcourse.

Pivot, drool! Who knows if you can get one before march, and 26 aswell.

All these options are hurting my little head i tell you!

One clocks 4000 and the other 5000 posts' date=' goeie bliksem!  Confused

Hijack on... Titus, so what you think of the GF Hi-Fi? I need/want/have to buy a dualie for the Epic. Don't know if i should go 26 or 29 - not to mention what bike ... but anyways. What about support for 29'ers at the Epic if i go that route? Tyres, etc etc ...

Hijack off
[/quote']

Vir you size moet jy sonder twyfel op 'n 29er kom!

Maak 'n draai by die 24hr op Wiesenhof volgende naweek! Al race jy nie, Titusti gaan sy GFisher en Titus 29ers daar he....dan kan jy hulle altwee vir 'n spin vat.

That's if you don't mind me offering testrides on your bikes Ti....? Wink

Mints,

Die scary ding is dat ek nog nooit op 'n dual gery het nie. So ek sal nie eers weet wat goed, of nie goed is for that matter nie. As jy weet wat ek bedoel?

My eerste MTB was a Diamond Back Topanga, rigid. En toe 'n Zaskar ... en daai suspension vurk was die weirdste gevoel OOIT gewees op 'n fiets vir my gewees. Kan net imagine wat 'n dual aan my klein brein gaan doen...

Oi! WTF! _C50_ Seems a little dodgy to me (and short)!

Yeah, of course you can test ride my race bikes, while I'm racing, not like I'm doing anything else.

Pivot won't be available before then, they are gonna be making a 29'er though. I think at this point they should only be here around mid year.

As to 29'er brands available, your options are the Fisher (ordering doesn't take that long), Intense (Brandon is online so ask him on availability and they have a demo fleet), and the Niner R.I.P.9 is here as well, I think.

Dodgy is an understatement!  Wink   To short in fact....

Cool, i'll pop around at Wiesenhof. Is Mints riding or seconding??

So many options, so little time...

Dodgy is an understatement!  Wink   To short in fact....
Cool' date=' i'll pop around at Wiesenhof. Is Mints riding or seconding??
So many options, so little time...
[/quote']

I'm aware of that, you know the Corner House far to well to not be dodgy!

Well ... can jou believe that CH actually closed in March this... sh*te, last year?? All good things come to an end...

And i was at a wedding 2 weeks ago where Jason (Looooooong time CH DJ) was actually the DJ!

_C50_2008-01-02 08:55:33

Well ... can jou believe that CH actually close in March this... sh*te' date=' last year?? All good things come to an end...

And i was at a wedding 2 weeks ago where Jason (Looooooong time CH DJ) was actually the DJ!
[/quote']

Yeah, I know, it was very sad, isn't Jason operating at Deca Dance now? Most of the Corner House fixtures have moved there, except for Hasan and Spot.

He told me he was busy organising with them, so i think he should be playing there soon. And he was going to organise a CH reunion party aswell, so i might get another 15mins of fame sometime soon! Revolting Cocks anyone?? 

Anyways...