[Event] MTN National XCM #2 Tulbagh Driven By NISSAN

Tim_Fair

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

I also picked up a pair of (expensive) glasses in the marathon/ultra route. PM a description and I'll try and get it back to you.

If I remember correctly I found it just before we hit the first big climb.

That was one tough race! After the first 30km of the Ultra Marathon there was not much left for the last 30km and dehydration had set in.

Very lekker route, except the farm roads in the middle section.

Organizers needed another water station as the the last one was 10km from the finish, but I think we travelled 40km in 40degree heat from the previous water pont. Needless to say I was spitting feathers and had only dust in my bottles.....it was a dark place!

Will be back next year.

Edited by sharkysa

That was one tough race! After the first 30km of the Ultra Marathon there was not much left for the last 30km and dehydration had set in.

Very lekker route, except the farm roads in the middle section.

+1 On the toughness, I was a broken man with a broken bike after 30km, so I for one was relieved about the "tame" farm roads in the middle section!

I (only) did the 70km, so some of the front-runners of the 105km whizzed passed me on the last few km's of the 70km route, got some new found respect for those "machines", definitely from a different gene pool!

+1 On the toughness, I was a broken man with a broken bike after 30km, so I for one was relieved about the "tame" farm roads in the middle section!

I (only) did the 70km, so some of the front-runners of the 105km whizzed passed me on the last few km's of the 70km route, got some new found respect for those "machines", definitely from a different gene pool!

were you the guy I gave a link too at the top of the ravine?

Hi guys,

I also picked up a pair of (expensive) glasses in the marathon/ultra route. PM a description and I'll try and get it back to you.

If I remember correctly I found it just before we hit the first big climb.

I still have these, if anyone knows of someone that lost glasses please let them know.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/426040_10150578909612584_82494432583_8999162_197359798_n.jpg