GoPro

BLACKvoodoo

You can buy a new lens or housing from http://www.goprosa.com the official site for the importers into South Africa.

The idea with GoPro is to get many different angles. Curved adhesives work well on full face helmets and the roll bar mount, mounted to the stem of your bike has proven to be best for XC and marathon races. It is a very stable position. Much better than your helmet.

I just got my go pro, and so far ive used it on my helmet, id appreciate links to quality videos.

Also, mounting on the bike doesnt that create too much shake ?

No Greg you barely notice any shaking mounting on the handle bar or below the seatpost, This unfortuanitly isnt highdef as it takes to long to upload, but will give you an idea of handlebar vs seatstay mounting.

I just got my go pro, and so far ive used it on my helmet, id appreciate links to quality videos. Also, mounting on the bike doesnt that create too much shake ?

well that depends on how smooth you ride. Tumbleweed would say that it's all about 'floooow'... :lol:

but yeah, I find the roll bar mount does shake quite a bit, and I've had problems with the camera links coming loose (even though tightened them as much as I could). On one occasion the camera was mounted on my seatpost looking back.. I took a small drop off and bumpy run in to the jump. as I reached the launch my bike said "nooo!" and I nearly went OTB. The cause... the camera links swivelled down and the camera got caught between the rear wheel and seat stays.

Fortunately the camera was ok... just cosmetic damage to the housing.

The chesty mount is nice because the camera stays pretty safe. It can produce bumpy vids though, if not tightened properly. And a tip (courtesy of Super_mil)... mount the camera upside down in the chesty, then set it to upside down mode. In right side up mounted position, the angle is terrible... unless you like looking at your stem.

As for pics & vids...

these are reposts (so please don't shoot me), but here are a couple of pics from the camera... and 1 vid.

These 2 pics are still snapshots from a vid 720p x 60FPS. Chesty mount. (you see what I mean about the angle. This was pre super_mil's advice)

post-10758-0-48565800-1321600623.jpg

(the little morewood)

post-10758-0-71227700-1321596989.jpg

(the big morewood... RIP)

And here's a vid taken on the spruit. Helmet mount. 720p x 60FPS. quality sacrificed for web upload.

well that depends on how smooth you ride. Tumbleweed would say that it's all about 'floooow'... :lol:

but yeah, I find the roll bar mount does shake quite a bit, and I've had problems with the camera links coming loose (even though tightened them as much as I could). On one occasion the camera was mounted on my seatpost looking back.. I took a small drop off and bumpy run in to the jump. as I reached the launch my bike said "nooo!" and I nearly went OTB. The cause... the camera links swivelled down and the camera got caught between the rear wheel and seat stays.

Fortunately the camera was ok... just cosmetic damage to the housing.

The chesty mount is nice because the camera stays pretty safe. It can produce bumpy vids though, if not tightened properly. And a tip (courtesy of Super_mil)... mount the camera upside down in the chesty, then set it to upside down mode. In right side up mounted position, the angle is terrible... unless you like looking at your stem.

Cant say ive had any of that, and have done some nice jumps, drop offs, and a couple of spectacular wipes. Never came loose, never damaged the cam or housing. That said though i do get play if i dont mount it directly next to my stem. Something with the curveture of the riser bars.

Edited by covie

Go who? Had one stuck to my helmet once for a training video in the mountains. I forgot about it and halfway through the exercise I went to water the plants. Good thing I didnt look too far down, realised after it was still on my helmet. Ja nee!

Here's a quick run down of how I made my own handlebar mount.

Using the Display mount from the box

A piece of aluminium

A screw and two cable ties.

Cut the displaymount on a band saw

post-24958-0-22103500-1327044467.jpg

Mill a block to size and mill places for the ties

post-24958-0-66911200-1327044484.jpgpost-24958-0-87782800-1327044509.jpg

Shape block to fit

post-24958-0-10893700-1327044525.jpg

Drill a countersunk hole for a screw

post-24958-0-79653900-1327044538.jpg

And there you go