Cape Cobra Accident

Blokkies

Speady recovery Chris and all others invloved in this herrific accident. We have the same hill to decent tomorrow lets make it a safe one.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Speady recovery Chris and all others invloved in this herrific accident. We have the same hill to decent tomorrow lets make it a safe one.

+1 God speed!

Fortunately we're going up Smits the other way, which is much safer

I will let everyone know when its best to visit, now is still not good as he is still in ICU

Thanks G. We will then have to schedule it nicely, so as not to swamp him with visitors.

• 2 weeks later...

Message from udxcob, posted on the Durbanville Roadies thread.

Sorry to change the subject but I have just come from visiting Chris, he is doing well and the doctor is coming off the drip today, his arm is still in the steel pin contraption and he says if the infection is gone then they willoperate and insert pins.

Chris looks like a totally different person, he has lost 22kg's he says.

I dropped off a bicycling mag for him to read.

Chris says he just wants to get well now.

He says he will probably get his phone back today and will try get onto the hub.

Thanks guys for all your well wishes and thoughts, Chris really needed it and he has pulled through.....

Stay strong Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Myself and udxcob visited Chris last night.

He is walking around without too much trouble, and the his injuries is healing nicely. His right arm was broken in three places, and there is pins inserted. He still does not have the full range of motion back in the arm, but is getting physio for it.

He lost a lot of weight, but not his zest for life. He plans to be back on the bike by October (already planning on which bike to buy / build up as a replacement.)

He is gratefull for all the messages and says thank you for all the prayers.