Giant Anthem X 29er 0

TBS

I am looking at buying the giant anthem x 29er 0. I would like to know if this would be a good purchase or is there another 29er out there which would be a better bet.

The scott elite is a good deal.i have a 2012 giant anthem o and i love the bike .Change the wheelset to mavic crossmax in the shop and go tubeless .You will have a great bike for 32 k under 12kg

The scott elite is a good deal.i have a 2012 giant anthem o and i love the bike .Change the wheelset to mavic crossmax in the shop and go tubeless .You will have a great bike for 32 k under 12kg

So in short you are saying... :blink: I have a Giant but you should buy a Scott? :blink:

As far as duals go, I prefer the geometry and handling of the Giant over the Scott but that is a personal prefrence.

As far as duals go, I prefer the geometry and handling of the Giant over the Scott but that is a personal prefrence.

+ 1 I tend to agree

The Anthem 29er is an excellent. Also prefer the geo over that of the Scott. Giant managed bridge the gap between a 26 and 29 with clever geo and standard kit.

If the weight of the wheels are a concern, but your budget is limited go with the X1 and use the extra cash to upgrade the wheels. In my opinion Giant should maybe have used some of the fork money to up the wheels as they are quite heavy. But not so much that it distracts from what is an excellent bike.

Bike pedals very well and the fork / shock gives plenty of squish to make trail riding lots of fun. It's been a whle since I've last been this bold over by a bike.

So in short you are saying... :blink: I have a Giant but you should buy a Scott? :blink:

I am saying giant rules .in PTA they are price busting to compete.Anthem is still the best frame in my humble opinion

• 1 year later...