Stolen bikes in Durbanville

vulcan

Eish guys, last Wednesday my garage was cleaned out by some of our lovely local "redistribution experts" who decided that my bikes were better off in their hands. So, stolen bikes are: Trek Madone 6.9 with SRAM Red gruppo and Mavic pedals. Orange colour. Not many of those around... Bike number 2: Trek TTX 9.5 TT Bike with Ultegra gruppo and a Cycleops power tap on the rear. Grey colour with blue cables.... Bike number 3: Red and black Raleigh RC6000 with all my cables and computer of my Elite IDT still attached... Bike number 4: my son's GT junior MTB, black colour. I do believe these bikes will probably surface somewhere locally so please keep an eye out. It's all insured, but still bloody infuriating. Those were my babies.... Any news, pls PM me. Thanks.

Geesh boet you sure had some sort of a collection there- sorry to hear about the affirmative shopping that took place :cursing: Hopefully yhese bikes were insured and you will be refunded by insurance to buy new 2012 modelsl :thumbup:

Thanks Reg Lizard! Yep going shopping soon, once the insurance guys get their act together.

With who are you insured- if I may ask?

Here are two pics of the Madone and the TTX. The TTX bars have been replaced by Ritchey carbon TT bars and had a training wheelset on.

I'm insured through Indwe brokers and I think Santam is the underwriter.

post-8275-0-60961900-1328686988.jpg

post-8275-0-12396700-1328687079.jpg

Jeez, it's not like that TT bike's inconspicuous. Damn irritating to you; hope you get a nice payout.

Dale, the garage was open and we were in the house having supper. They jumped over my driveway gate - in and out. I'm just grateful they didn't come into the house while we were there. Could have been ugly... The cops said they knew exactly what to go after. None of the other stuff, including a plasma TV, etc was touched. Discerning thieves... Makes you think.

Dale, the garage was open and we were in the house having supper. They jumped over my driveway gate - in and out. I'm just grateful they didn't come into the house while we were there. Could have been ugly... The cops said they knew exactly what to go after. None of the other stuff, including a plasma TV, etc was touched. Discerning thieves... Makes you think.

Sorry for your loss. Will Insurance payout if you left the garage open and they were not locked to anything? That would be a disaster