Computer VS. Endomondo

Oden

so who is fibbing to me my MTB computer, Endomondo or my GPS signal?

On Bike Computer

AVS/17.3 - Dst/ 41Km time 2h43 and on Endomondo as per below Mmmm

ENDOMONDO

Derek Miller was out mountain biking. He tracked 19.85 km in 1h:17m:33s.

First personal best One hour of 16.41 km .

so who is fibbing to me my MTB computer, Endomondo or my GPS signal?

On Bike Computer

AVS/17.3 - Dst/ 41Km time 2h43 and on Endomondo as per below Mmmm

ENDOMONDO

Derek Miller was out mountain biking. He tracked 19.85 km in 1h:17m:33s.

First personal best One hour of 16.41 km .

Ok This was fast, Endomondo techs Emailed me, they advised that It stopped recording at 19km.. Mmmm why is the question

What phone do you have? My Blackberry's signal cuts out when there is 5% battery left, so no more update, but still finish the workout. Then when I charged my phone, just went on Endo, uploaded the workout again and the full workout is availiable agaim. Hope this helps somehow

I've found no issues with Endomondo except when you loose the GPS signal. I stopped using my Android phone as it was too weak and my 9300 BB has been perfect. But I always charge my phone before I go riding.

I gave up on Endomondo, after only switching to it again after everyone was raving about it on here, due to the perceived inaccuracies on my Nokia N8. And it is not the GPS chip as that phone has a great one. Parts of the trail were being cut off and when transferring online it would lose some of the data and not allow a reupload. Sportstracker follows my trails with pretty decent accuracy, obviously as with any GPS some tight corners may be missed but nothing major like Endomondo.

I gave up on Endomondo, after only switching to it again after everyone was raving about it on here, due to the perceived inaccuracies on my Nokia N8. And it is not the GPS chip as that phone has a great one. Parts of the trail were being cut off and when transferring online it would lose some of the data and not allow a reupload. Sportstracker follows my trails with pretty decent accuracy, obviously as with any GPS some tight corners may be missed but nothing major like Endomondo.

Well, I think it's a given. If you have a Nokia, sportstracker is the way to go.

Make sure you lock your phone when you put it back in your bag ,pocket .A bump switches it off .I was considering a bryton gps but now i only use my bb and endomondo and cateye 80 .I realy dont care to know my heartrate.If you push yourself regularly you will know your body.s limits

Make sure you lock your phone when you put it back in your bag ,pocket .A bump switches it off .I was considering a bryton gps but now i only use my bb and endomondo and cateye 80 .I realy dont care to know my heartrate.If you push yourself regularly you will know your body.s limits

Are BBs not compatible with the HRM? On other makes you can use a bluetooth Polar HRM with the Endomondo app. Works great!

i tried endomondo once, but found cardiotrainer better. nothing beats a garmin/bryton though and since going that route i dont bother with the phone based solutions

i tried endomondo once, but found cardiotrainer better. nothing beats a garmin/bryton though and since going that route i dont bother with the phone based solutions

I always find these arguments in favour of stand alone devices interesting. It often comes up when discussing a camera on a phone. The point is that I prefer to have my phone with me when I cycle in case of an emergency. I also like the idea of being able to snap a picture if something interests me along the way. Then, of course, I want to be able to track my route, check my speeds, elevation gain, and heart rate. So why carry three seperate devices when I can slip one in my pocket that does it all? And if the truth be known, my choice of phone does all three excellently.

Please note I do understand you are expressing your opinion. So am I :)

Edited by Clint_ZA

I always find these arguments in favour of stand alone devices interesting. It often comes up when discussing a camera on a phone. The point is that I prefer to have my phone with me when I cycle in case of an emergency. I also like the idea of being able to snap a picture if something interests me along the way. Then, of course, I want to be able to track my route, check my speeds, elevation gain, and heart rate. So why carry three seperate devices when I can slip one in my pocket that does it all? And if the truth be known, my choice of phone does all three excellently.

Please note I do understand you are expressing your opinion. So am I :)

Hear what you say, my reluctance is purely as i don't want to wipe out and break my phone! Although now I dont take a phone with me which is a bit stupid (note to self: buy a cheap phone). I used carbo-trainer the whole of last year and it worked fine (battery life, recording etc) So therefore the reason went for a device was ruggidness, access to information while riding, integrated HRM) the 35hr battery life also helps