Rugby...

'Dale

Indeed, although the ref made some marginal decisions that were wrong both ways. Most obvious being the last penalty against the Bulls that cost them the game. Suites me though as my Cheetahs are under pressure for 4th position on the log. Hopefully no slip-up agaist the Griquas on Saturday.

Its time that the refs are given some real training in the scrum and breakdown laws. I believe that Marius Van Der Westhuizen is sinking to the same level of confusion as the rest of our refs. He played the old maul laws in the Bulls favour and yellow carded the Sharks for play that was hardly noticed when the Bulls did the same.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sharkies, wake up guys. That ref was bad all over, not only against the Sharks.

1. Sharks no 9 should have been yellow carded for that stomping incident.

2. Bulls driving maul was a truck-and-trailer at one time, which he did not call

3. Last, and worst; that last penalty should have been aganst the Sharks, not the Bulls. Bulls no 4 had legal rights to the ball as he was on his feet and Sharks player held on to it. Only after that did he fall over.

Losts and lots of small little issues all over.

Even with so few spectators at Newlands the people that boo are there..... Commin crowd.

Oom, die probleem met Commin is dat dit common is. Jy gaan dit oral kry. Op Ellispark bliksem hulle jou van agter af met blikkies en allerhande stront. Op Loftus met lemoene, naartjies en halfgevrete burgers. Op Nuweland gee hulle jou bek.

Oom, die probleem met Commin is dat dit common is. Jy gaan dit oral kry. Op Ellispark bliksem hulle jou van agter af met blikkies en allerhande stront. Op Loftus met lemoene, naartjies en halfgevrete burgers. Op Nuweland gee hulle jou bek.

Well said. I wanted to feed the Droll but hopefully you've shut him up with some common (that word again) sense.

As jy op die Strônt bly gaan verskonings soek, waneer laas was jy op Loftus? Ek was hierdie jaar vyf keer daar. Hulle kan jou nie raakgooi as jy in 'n losie sit nie. ....... Maar commin wees soos boo, nie een keer gehoor nie. Ek het wel tydens twee wedstryde WP supporters hulle self sien wangedra.

Ok so next week:

Who ever wins between WP and the Sharks gets the home final

Lions would surely secure a win against Griquas and secure a semi final spot

Bulls have an uphill battle against the Cheetahs to secure 5 log points, win with more than 21 points and deny the Cheetahs a bonus point.

So, does that bonuspoint wins from Cheetahs and WP mean that the Bulls won't make it into the last 4?

So, does that bonuspoint wins from Cheetahs and WP mean that the Bulls won't make it into the last 4?

The Tools basically need to beat the Cheetahs by 22 points or more, score a bonus point and deny the Cheetahs a bonus point to get through.

Sharkies, wake up guys. That ref was bad all over, not only against the Sharks.

1. Sharks no 9 should have been yellow carded for that stomping incident.

2. Bulls driving maul was a truck-and-trailer at one time, which he did not call

3. Last, and worst; that last penalty should have been aganst the Sharks, not the Bulls. Bulls no 4 had legal rights to the ball as he was on his feet and Sharks player held on to it. Only after that did he fall over.

Losts and lots of small little issues all over.

I agree that the ref left a lot to be desired but the last penalty fell under the part of the law that states" The competing player must be on his feet supporting his body weight". The bull had almost gained control but it was then wrestled back by an incoming Shark and Bulletjie lost his footing but continued to hang on to the ball...............and now for the Kings Park showdown.

Ok so next week:

Who ever wins between WP and the Sharks gets the home final

Lions would surely secure a win against Griquas and secure a semi final spot

Bulls have an uphill battle against the Cheetahs to secure 5 log points, win with more than 21 points and deny the Cheetahs a bonus point.

I'm actually going to be at the game in Bloem - my first visit to the new stadium since the old Vrystaat Stadium. Can't wait ...

The Tools basically need to beat the Cheetahs by 22 points or more, score a bonus point and deny the Cheetahs a bonus point to get through.

Bly jy ook innie Strônt oukie???

I don't care much about the Rugby Championship title, but beating the All Blacks at Ellis Park is a must. Let's win the battle and not get too stuck on the war...

Well said. I'd be content if we won the game but lost the Championship. I'd hate to lose at Ellis Park ...