Rugby...

'Dale

I hear lots about injuries, and then teams go on and win matches.

I think these guys who represent our nation, should include more players of colour, and stop whining like scolded cats, and actually win some matches.

I have the same complaint about our cricket team.

To shut guys like you up, I would dearly like to see an "all representative South African Rugby and Cricket teams" (NO WHITEYS OR COLOUREDS ALLOWED) being fielded against the Ausies, NZ, England, and other top teams.

I can guarantee you they will get the hiding of their lives, and then I'll like to hear all the excuses being made and blame shifted to someone else again.

What about playing the best person in the position, whether he is White, Black, Green, Yellow, Pink.....

Having more players of colour (read Black) in the team will not help, unless they are the best in their position and worthy to represent South Africa.

I think the current trouble we have is due to the Couching teams, and putting more blacks in the teams is not going to solve it.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Players are selected because of the coach's vision and game playing strategy.

HM prefers bigger players.

I prefer players like de Jongh and Aplon who can use space (to attack) and bamboozle defence systems.

Then again, the Boks play a far less attacking game.

The one try scored was as a result of a AB fumble and loose ball.

The times the Boks could score feeding the ball down the line (in Dunedin and in Soweto) it was 'missed opportunities'.

My backline would look like:

Pienaar

Goosen / Jantjies

Frans Steyn

de Jongh

Aplon

JP Pietersen

Full back: Lambie

I think these guys who represent our nation, should include more players of colour, and stop whining like scolded cats, and actually win some matches.

Can you please explain why you would like to see more players of colour in our sporting teams.

The way I see it is sport is the only thing that pulls this country together. Politics should be left off any sporting field

The coach just needs to stop favoring certain players and put the BEST players in the side regardless of colour.

Edited by fabes

By your own admission, our so called national team had no game. And more importantly, is not represetative. Why should black South Africans support a bunch of white arseholes with f**kall talent and even less passion to win?

Wait, wait, before freak out. tell me how many of these are black men:

15 Zane Kirchner, 14 Bryan Habana, 13 Jean de Villiers (captain), 12 Jaco Taute, 11 Francois Hougaard, 10 Johan Goosen, 9 Ruan Pienaar, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Willem Alberts, 6 Francois Louw, 5 Andries Bekker, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Jannie du Plessis, 2 Adriaan Strauss, 1 Beast Mtawarira

And by black I mean like the oke that does my garden. Or the guy that wants a living wage to mine platinum (or coal or gold or diamonds...), not okes the colour of coffee with a splash of milk. FFS! with a weeks training, I'm darker than those okes.

Players are selected because of the coach's vision and game playing strategy.

HM prefers bigger players.

I prefer players like de Jongh and Aplon who can use space (to attack) and bamboozle defence systems.

Then again, the Boks play a far less attacking game.

The one try scored was as a result of a AB fumble and loose ball.

The times the Boks could score feeding the ball down the line (in Dunedin and in Soweto) it was 'missed opportunities'.

My backline would look like:

Pienaar

Goosen / Jantjies

Frans Steyn

de Jongh

Aplon

JP Pietersen

Full back: Lambie

'Dale, the players you mention is not dark enough, therefore not good enough to satisfy some people.

My suggestion then is, make the whole team black, Players, Management, Couching team, Support Staff, everybody.

Then change the teams name to something like "Ama BlacK Blacks", that should satisfy some people.

It will only satisfy people for a short while before that gets pulled through someones a&@

'Dale, the players you mention is not dark enough, therefore not good enough to satisfy some people.

My suggestion then is, make the whole team black, Players, Management, Couching team, Support Staff, everybody.

Then change the teams name to something like "Ama BlacK Blacks", that should satisfy some people.

It is one individual in TNT1 that mentions the inclusion of black players.

There are several black players operating at the Currie Cup level and S15 level. I see obvious transformation.

The question is always what is in the heart and mind of the Bok coach.

HM has a Blue Bok mentality which has really costed him this season.

Quite a large contingent of Maori's at Soccer City today.

Can't quite understand the Cape Maori's. Do they really expect us to mistake them for Maori's? Are they ashamed of being coloured?

Above all else, SA Rugby has a lot of work to do create a pool of competent players that reflects the demographics of South Africa.

Playing at the highest level should be an opportunity offered to every South African.

There are just so many barriers like class, old habits, grooming and development of developing black players, tradition.

The missing step is what happens between the U20 Bok squad phase and the senior Bok selection?

Can't quite understand the Cape Maori's. Do they really expect us to mistake them for Maori's? Are they ashamed of being coloured?

No, there is an identification with the skin colour of the average AB, I believe.

And, the way the ABs play. It is easy to support them.

Gonna be interesting to see what the year's end Tour to the UK team selection gonna look like.

HM must be sweating beneath that collar.

Fortunately, the Boks' forward play is world-class and very important to success in the Northern hemisphere.

Looking forward to a star player like WP's Kolisi singing the anthem...

The black players are coming through. I see it.

Just so slooooooowwwww... :unsure:

Edited by ' Dale

There are several black players operating at the Currie Cup level and S15 level. I see obvious transformation.

yes - transformation is a slow process - like it or not - just look at the transformation of other sectors in our society - housing, water, education, etc etc etc.

I watch schoolboy rugby at my old school and you can see definitely see the transformation coming through...albeit slowly

This weekend's CC fixtures are going to be crackers!!

All to play for - either a semi spot or relegation at the same time for Province, Cheetahs, Griquas and Bulls.

This weekend's CC fixtures are going to be crackers!!

All to play for - either a semi spot or relegation at the same time for Province, Cheetahs, Griquas and Bulls.

I've been so switched off from the Currie Cup.

:wacko:

The Currie cup has really been good this year

I love the CC - only way I can gauge what talent's on offer to feed the national team.