Berge and Dale crash

Barend de Arend

This?

Any news on Long Dog after he got hit by a taxi again today at
&Dale? He just started racing again after a previous taxi accident.

His name:

Waiting on further news of John Edwards after he went through the back window of a taxi at the Berg+Dale race this morning. :-((

And some more news

John Edwards having brain scan now, elaine says doesn't look like anything broken, but bike in 4 pieces. Face cut up nasty.

OUCH!

John has compressed vertebrae and fluid on lungs. They setting up a drain now. Hoping all will be ok.

Hope he heals up well and quickly!!!
Edited by HEman

John Edwards from Cycle Lab. According to Ali he's in Krugersdorp hospital undergoing a scan. She says he's ok, but a little confused.

It happened on the Swartkops/lanseria road. He was lying next to the road, when we came past, bike looked like a pile of junk. Hope het recovers fast.

Seeing a bicycle in such bad shape is gut wrenching for us Road Rangers... My blood ran cold as I led the lead A's past. Hope he heals up fast and 100%

Hectic! :eek: Heal up soon John :thumbup:

Slightly off topic: did they at least get the taxi drivers details? (for possible criminal case). Just hope that the person didn't just drive off and leave him there!

Slightly off topic: did they at least get the taxi drivers details? (for possible criminal case). Just hope that the person didn't just drive off and leave him there!

We went past a bit later (think it was the same incident) and the taxi was still there with cops etc.

Latest is compressed vertebrae with fluid on the lungs being drained. And some really nasty road rash. All the best, John!

It happened on the Swartkops/lanseria road. He was lying next to the road, when we came past, bike looked like a pile of junk. Hope het recovers fast.

happend at the 92km mark .

Get well soon

Thats hectic :eek: , any ideas as to how this occured?

Get well soon :thumbup:

Still no news, but the latest on John from Ali:

"John has 2 broken ribs, one punctured lung. On drain, Elaine says he seems to be ok. More xrays later to ensure draining as it should be."

Anybody know if the Cyclelab rider from BL is OK. He went down very hard on the sweeping downhill past Carnivores restaurant. This was about the 98km.