chain Cleaners

MTBiker

Yes they work. I use mine with dishwashing liquid. My BBB clamshell washer has been in use for three years and is stil going strong. Park also makes a decent one. Just ensure your chain is dry before you re-apply lubricant. I do not need a Sram power link.

Old water bottle, SRAM power link, clean green/dish washing liquid/Prepsol/etc etc, let it soak, wash/scrub, rinse with water, dry thoroughly, oil, reattach to bike. 

regards,

casspir

SRAM links rule (or any other chain link).  Take it off, throw it in degreaser and use a nailbrush to clean it.  Then make sure you rinse it well to get rid of degreaser (or paraffin if you HAVE to) and put it back on the bike and lube each chain link individually.  That is satisfying!

I have one of the clamshell thingies, but it never really cleaned well, so you can have mine for R20.  Plus if you run degreaser through it it will drip via the rear cluster onto the hubs that could very well degrease them.  NOT a good idea...

Bliksem!!!! julle Power Link Sram mannetjies hou daarvan om te sukkel. Met die BBB Clamshell sit jy net seep in clamp die wasser vas en draai die trappe en jou ketting is skoon. Geen perrefien ou tanneborsels en 'n damn powerlink wat nie wil oopgaan nie. En nie een van julle mannetjies moet se ek ry met 'n vuil ketting nie.

By the way Jason and Racer X how do you get rid of the parraffin residue that stays behind and dillutes the viscosity of your perfectly formulated chain lubricant. Do you realise you shorten the life of your chain by doing this??????

Oh, and get yourself a cluster removal tool and chainwhip, then you can take your rear cluster off (tie the sprockets together with a ziptie BEFORE they get all mixed upConfused when you take them off) and clean each tooth for a very shiny, new look bike.  Takes less time than trying to clean it on the bike plus you don't get degreaser onto the hubs.  Only costs about R150 for both tools and it is well worth the effort (you also feel like a real bike mechanic!)

clean the chain on the cassette with a brush and parrafin. Kill 2 birds with with stone.

........... and dillute all the grease out of your freehub, they are costly to replace!!!!!!!!!

clean the chain on the cassette with a brush and parrafin. Kill 2 birds with with stone.

Gee, your hubs must HATE you!  All that paraffin in the rear hub will quickly rinse out your grease.

SRAM links rule (or any other chain link).  Take it off' date=' throw it in degreaser and use a nailbrush to clean it.  Then make sure you rinse it well to get rid of degreaser (or paraffin if you HAVE to) and put it back on the bike and lube each chain link individually.  That is satisfying!

I have one of the clamshell thingies, but it never really cleaned well, so you can have mine for R20.  Plus if you run degreaser through it it will drip via the rear cluster onto the hubs that could very well degrease them.  NOT a good idea...
[/quote']

Al wat op die jockey sal drup is as jy sit en kwyl terwyl jy die ketting was. Moenie degreaser gebruik nie, gebruik 'n mild detergent soos Sunlight Liquid. As jy die clamshell op die onderste deel van die ketting sit soos dit hoort drup die sperige water af op die grond.

Williehond use it sparingly if you use a paint brush and just spin it through and then rinse it off then youre singing, if you splash parrafin all over your freehub then you need your head analyzed.

Note: Did not direct this to williehond in person