650b rims on a trek fuel

madvics

Not referring to anyone in particular. Just saying. Must be a marketers dream if you look at all the buzz on all the threads around the world.

You should consider going 650 front and keeping it 26" rear. Great combo.

the fork Im already looking to replace, im only worried if it will clear the rear triangle, I went to two bike shops in pretoria and they didnt even know what i was talking about. I would of liked to get my hands on a rear wheel and tyre to check if it would clear before I spend the cash.

Stan's agents TWT will be your best bet for 650B rims / wheels. For compatibility and all things 650B have a look here:

http://forums.mtbr.com/650b/

Amazing what one WC victory can do for something that's been around since forever...

Have to agree,

Stan's agents TWT will be your best bet for 650B rims / wheels. For compatibility and all things 650B have a look here:

http://forums.mtbr.com/650b/

Amazing what one WC victory can do for something that's been around since forever...

And never mind that Nino won most of his races on 26" instead of 29.

And never mind that Nino won most of his races on 26" instead of 29.

I think he would have won on a 26inch as well. The man is amazing down that rock garden and he was just as good last year on his 26 er.

Yeah last year he won it on a 26, and nothing was said, even though the whole field almost sported 29'ers, now that he is trying something new everyone wants 650b, I hate to break it to the people he would have won it on 26 27.5 or 29. Its not a marathon its a test of skill strength and fitness, not wheelsize and he came out ontop, same as last year.

And as most here know i have 26" and 29" bikes love them all so im not a hater ;)

Edited by covie

Reading all the interest on the Hub lately in the 27.5"/650B wheel size since Schurter's win makes me wonder how many people it's dawned on that he actually rode a bike designed for this wheel size? I.e. it wasn't a 26" frame with the bigger wheels shoehorned in there.

So it baffles me a bit why anyone would want try fit a 27.5" wheel into a bike that has been designed around a 26" wheel. Surely the compromises you'll have to endure will go beyond tyre clearance!? If you have a well sorted and designed 26" bike and you love how it rides, why for FFS would you want to compromise that ride and feel by shoving in a wheel that it was not designed for and by definition messing with the geometry? Just because you can shoehorn your size 11 foot into your wife's size 6 heels does not mean you should do it.

So surely if the 27.5" wheelsize appeals to you, then you should buy a frame/bike that is specific to that wheelsize?

Reading all the interest on the Hub lately in the 27.5"/650B wheel size since Schurter's win makes me wonder how many people it's dawned on that he actually rode a bike designed for this wheel size? I.e. it wasn't a 26" frame with the bigger wheels shoehorned in there.

So it baffles me a bit why anyone would want try fit a 27.5" wheel into a bike that has been designed around a 26" wheel. Surely the compromises you'll have to endure will go beyond tyre clearance!? If you have a well sorted and designed 26" bike and you love how it rides, why for FFS would you want to compromise that ride and feel by shoving in a wheel that it was not designed for and by definition messing with the geometry? Just because you can shoehorn your size 11 foot into your wife's size 6 heels does not mean you should do it.

So surely if the 27.5" wheelsize appeals to you, then you should buy a frame/bike that is specific to that wheelsize?

Makes so little diff actualy on most 26" designs all you do is drop your stem a bit and poof your good to go.

Well i am in a position where i would actually like to convert my current hardtail to a 27.5". Since it is currently a scotte scale rc (26") and the 27.5" wheels don't fit the wheelset i have 2 options:

1. Buy a specialized s works hardtail 26" frame with fox shock and run it with 27.5" wheels

2. Just buy a any 29er hardtail frame, fork and wheelset i like

It just seems that i have to go through exactly the same expense for either