Personal Identification

Oltremo

Hi,

What is available to provide identification of rider, medical aid details, next of kin details, etc when a rider due to incapacity is unable to do so.

America and UK has Road Badge id, which is a bracelet with details similar appearance to our medic alert bracelet. Anything similar in SA?

What do you use?

Thanks,

ICE ID.

The dog tag version with the medical cross on one side.

They allow a certain number of lines to put whatever you want on.

I go with Name, ID number, 2 Emergency Contact Numbers. Medical Aid Details, and blood type.

yup! that's the one HEman

Here's the specific product I have (somewhere... I think I lost it)

http://www.iceid.co.za/dog-tag-with-medical-logo/

I put my medical aid card in my back pocket...

I always carry an old drivers license with me and or my blood donor card when cycling.

I used to have my medical aid card in my, but like my ICE ID tags... I also misplaced that. So now I'm resorting to drivers license... hopefully i don't misplace that too :lol:

If you join think bike they will send you dog tags with your name, med aid details, blood type next of kin etc.

Got a cool one at Epic last year but in the meantime my wife's cell number and my medical aid details have changed :cursing: - now it's just another cool momento :ph34r:

or if you are a cheapskate like me, you can just contact your details onto your frame and behind your board