120mm on the front of an Anthem?

Palaeodom

I had a 80 - 100mm Sid XX WC on my previous Anthem Advanced SL, that was a medium frame, I did not like the handling of the bike and swopped the frame for a large Advanced SL with a 120mm Sid XX WC with a 15mm through axle.

The whole bike handles better, this was the best move I could have made, the bike is also more stable, have no problem with steep inclines or declines.

The most travel I got out of the fork after a big hit was about 100mm, maybe my fork set-up is preventing it from travelling more...

Irony is that the bike is lighter...

Go for it

This is exactly what i'm wanting to do. Glad to hear it works for you...Where do you ride and what kind of riding do you do?

I basically do everything from flat gravel to cycling in Bottelary Hills where is a couple of steep climbs and descents, the route differs from jeep track to single track, also did not encounter any problems doing Magic Forrest or Meerendal single tracks.

The set-up just works well

I have the 120mm fox on my trance x1 and it works well, a bit upright if youre use to 100mm...

Isn't the trance designed to carry a 120mm front and back?

Its is indeed, have you called Dragons yet?

I did call them but sat on hold numerous times as they tried to find someone to help. Ended up giving up after 15 mins being passed back to the receptionist. I'll try again but they've probably left to go home for the day...

I did call them but sat on hold numerous times as they tried to find someone to help. Ended up giving up after 15 mins being passed back to the receptionist. I'll try again but they've probably left to go home for the day...

That sounds about right for then, I'm still awaiting my call back from 2 weeks ago, seems most of these agents have the same shite attitude when dealing with customers. Drives me f*#king mental :cursing: it does. I mean how hard is it to confirm something

Not very hard at all but par for the course I reckon. Guys at Linden just said the frame carried a 5 year warranty, that will hold as long as you're not doing something stupid...pretty sure doing stupid things is part of the fun.

In the US the frames seem to be covered for the duration of the 1st owner's use of it.

Not very hard at all but par for the course I reckon. Guys at Linden just said the frame carried a 5 year warranty, that will hold as long as you're not doing something stupid...pretty sure doing stupid things is part of the fun.

In the US the frames seem to be covered for the duration of the 1st owner's use of it.

I was made aware that my carbon frame has also got a warrenty for the duration of my ownership, however long it is. Already conflicting warrenty stories we have been given. A far as I have read, is that Giant has the same warrenty for wherever you are.

• 3 months later...

Hey. Sorry to hijack but it seems I have Giant riders here to ask the question. I have the 2011 Trance X4 which is awesome. However, over time I would like to upgrade the front fork (air instead of coil) and wheels (as strong but lighter). The current fork is the RS Tora TK coil and I have seen this replaced with the RS Revelation. The other Trances above the X4 spec come new with a Fox F125.... I was just wondering what other Giant riders like yourselves would recommend. Thanks for your input and sorry again for the hijack! :D

• 3 years later...

Any idea what would happen if I slapped a 140mm fork on a 2015 Giant anthem 650B ?

Can anyone tell me what the negatives would be ?

I know it is not probally recomended, but out of interest i would like to know.

Any idea what would happen if I slapped a 140mm fork on a 2015 Giant anthem 650B ?

Can anyone tell me what the negatives would be ?

I know it is not probally recomended, but out of interest i would like to know.

It'll change the geometry totally and the frame will most likely break at the head tube.

Sell the anthem and buy a trance [emoji106]

It'll change the geometry totally and the frame will most likely break at the head tube.

Sell the anthem and buy a trance [emoji106]

Cool thanks :). Or have both ? Haha