The Positivity Thread

JulesV

In the midst of so many threads dedicated to highlighting bad drivers, inconsiderate cyclists etc. I thought it may be a good idea to start one which highlights the positive experiences we come across daily in the hope that it will inspire others to act in the same way :thumbup:

So a small thing to start off with, coming down main road near Wynberg yesterday, there was a 'stereotypical inconsiderate anti-cyclist baddy' behind me in an X5 who stayed behind me at low speed for nearly a minute before passing safely and hooted pleasantly when I thanked him - there were no stickers or racks indicating that the person was a cyclist hehe, I thought any of those would have explained this behaviour but realised this it may just have been a considerate, friendly driver!

This is but one case of good behaviour among many I have come across and I'm sure the rest of you have experienced similar situations, seen guys riding in single file, stopping at red lights, indicating their intention to turn and so on.

So let's list these here as some alternative reading to the negative threads we so often see, hopefully people will aim to get mentioned in here instead :)

Hmmmm ... today was a bad day to start with this. I think everybody was out to kill me this morning. Will try and report back tommorow. Good idea though.

ok - ill add

Went to get my Password renewed at Home Affairs the other day. Lady Behind the counter was cheerful and helpful and went out of her way to make sure my application process was easy and stress free. 1 week later received an SMS saying my new passport was ready and waiting for me. All in All - I spent a maximum of 20 mins in the offices applying and receiving, and most of that was filling in the forms

lets forget about the fact that it cost R400 for now

ok - ill add

Went to get my Password renewed at Home Affairs the other day. Lady Behind the counter was cheerful and helpful and went out of her way to make sure my application process was easy and stress free. 1 week later received an SMS saying my new passport was ready and waiting for me. All in All - I spent a maximum of 20 mins in the offices applying and receiving, and most of that was filling in the forms

lets forget about the fact that it cost R400 for now

How do you renew your Password @ Home Affairs?

Even the bus drivers in Golden Arrow buses have caught the positivity vibe, 5 separate drivers politely beeped to indicate they were giving me right of way in the traffic on Saturday morning. Such a pleasure.

A new form of Phising protection? Just register your password and home affairs and stop receiving all those emails from ABSA?

It's 20 minutes to home time! That's positive, right.

Bugger off, that is negative in my opinion ;)

Edited by Bateleur1

I need all the positivity, good vibes and prayers today, awaiting a possible call back :)

Bugger off, that is negative in my opinion ;)

Hehehehehe! Sorry, but if it's any consolation, I was at work at 3 this morn!

:D its IT fingers taking control, my brain says Passport, my fingers take over and put password

"its IT fingers taking control, my brain says Passport, my fingers take over and put password"

Its a positive thing you not an air traffic controller. ;-)

Deadline was extended to tomorrow morning... and i would NEVER have met it if that didnt happen.. :)

Edited by Fruity