What you carrying? :: Argus

T-Bob

I'm going to be running:

- 2 x Bottle 32gi Endurance (cages)

- 1 x Bottle 32gi Accelerate (pocket)

- 2 x banana (pocket)

- 1 x apple (pocket)

- 2 x gu (pocket)

- 1 x packet 32gi endurance chews (pocket)

- 1 x micropump (pocket)

- 2 x inners (bag)

- 1 x leavers (bag)

What are you running in your kit this sunday?

WOW!

You plan spending thre whole day out there?!

Drink one of those bottles beforehand, replace another with water, sip the drink-bottle interchanged with water every third "go", treat the GU as your emergency fix om top of Chappies.

:blush:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2L rehydrate

1 pack kudu biltong

1 pack dried mango

1 pack mixed nuts

2 Jungle bars

2 levers

1 toob

1 glue repair kit

1 bomb

none of that gel, goo, slime ***

This is my 11th Argus, I already have a bagful of sub threes, all gained with carrying spare tubes, levers, bombs and other paraphernalia. I am sick of feeling like a Sherpa.

This year I am going lean and mean, if I flat and need to wait for some good Samaritan to toss me a tube and a bomb so be it, if I need to run to the finish I can do that too.

I am just taking two bottles with PVM Octane XTR, one Cappuchino love Gu and a Powerbar, no tubes, no levers, no pump, no bombs, no multitool. Its going to be nice riding without feeling like a camel.

Its going to be nice riding without feeling like a camel.

Wow - brave man, good luck. I think even if went for superlight, I'd ditch extra gels, tools etc but I don't think I'd be able to lose at least a spare tube or patches, pump & lever. But as before, I am a pessimist!

2 x accelerate (32gi)

1 x packet 32gi chews (left pocket)

1 x low gi bar (left pocket)

1 x Cell in right pocket

Not planning to stay out long. Problem if i get a puncher. Tubbies are difficult to change in a race. LOL. No back-up :wacko:

Stop at the CWCyles stand and pick up a can of pitstop. This will be your backup apparently. This is my first race on tubbies and I'm also feeling a little bit exposed to say the least.

Can anyone confirm how well the pitstop inflates the tubbies post a puncture??? I'm certainly not expecting it to be 11 bar, but having never used this it would be useful to know what the result is from someone who has.

I'm going for lean and mean myself. 1x bottle of water and timing chiip on the bike, 3 PVM bars, blackberry and can of pitstop in pockets. 1 x bottle of Octane consumed ahead of race at the start.

Wow - brave man, good luck. I think even if went for superlight, I'd ditch extra gels, tools etc but I don't think I'd be able to lose at least a spare tube or patches, pump & lever. But as before, I am a pessimist!

Don't worry - it's just talk. I know he is going to be carrying 3 tubes, 4 bombs, half a banana tree, and 6 PVM bars taped to his top tube. He has a standing duel with his brother, and should his brother happen to beat him because of a puncture, Foe Fighter might be forced to give up cycling for good! I also might not be able to ever speak to him again should that happen.

Oh, and to stay slightly on topic:

Tube

Levers

Pump

Bomb

2 Gu's

Two bottles of Game

Beer money

I'm going to be running:

- 2 x Bottle 32gi Endurance (cages)

- 1 x Bottle 32gi Accelerate (pocket)

- 2 x banana (pocket)

- 1 x apple (pocket)

- 2 x gu (pocket)

- 1 x packet 32gi endurance chews (pocket)

- 1 x micropump (pocket)

- 2 x inners (bag)

- 1 x leavers (bag)

What are you running in your kit this sunday?

You doing a bike race or going for a picnic?

Don't worry - it's just talk. I know he is going to be carrying 3 tubes, 4 bombs, half a banana tree, and 6 PVM bars taped to his top tube. He has a standing duel with his brother, and should his brother happen to beat him because of a puncture, Foe Fighter might be forced to give up cycling for good! I also might not be able to ever speak to him again should that happen.

Oh, and to stay slightly on topic:

Tube

Levers

Pump

Bomb

2 Gu's

Two bottles of Game

Beer money

I am afraid my boet has bailed out, now all I have to look forward to is catching crashtestdummy on Chappies. Another reason for going lean and mean

1 x bottle 32Gi

1 x bottle water

2 x enduren bars

1 x Gu

1 x tube

1 x tyre lever

1 x power link

1 x cell phone

1 x R10 note (for side wall repair)

I was going to carry a banana, but I think I will just steal one from a little boy at the side of the road.

Is that Prisma's banana :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 x Bike

2 x Water bottles H2O filled

1 x Hammer mini bottle with Sustained Energy paste, to be washed down with H2O

1 x Tube, spare. If used race becomes a fun ride.

2 x Self glue patches, to repair extra punctures, incase I NEED to get home.

3 x CO2 bombs

1 x Cell

1 x Car keys

My bike will be wearing a timing chip!

those CO² bombs of yours are frot! :ph34r: :clap:

oh ja, SRAM powerlink to my tools - chain shouldn't snap, but you can never be too sure of these things.....

WOW!

You plan spending thre whole day out there?!

Drink one of those bottles beforehand, replace another with water, sip the drink-bottle interchanged with water every third "go", treat the GU as your emergency fix om top of Chappies.

:blush:

Cheers for the advice but I'll do it my way on this one. ;)

To be honest I've never done a bad time because I'm carrying a banana or two and to be honest I ride my races in the season not during the world biggest fun ride.

I'm happy to get a 3:15 - 3:30 this year and I'm also happy to carry an extra bottle or a apple or a gu just incase there is someone on the ride who needs one or is struggling.

I'm sure if you heard someone at the track saying 'Bru, my argus was shot last year. That apple and that Gu in my back pocket changed everything' you'd tear them apart. : )

Does anyone have an extra pair of fresh legs?!?

I have used-up my pair and i am on my spare pair already!?!

Don't know about legs but if you want an unused brain ask Malema for his