is my price wrong?

ZinaGiN

Hello

I have a 2011 Boxxer RC for sale for R3000, I'm wondering why iv had no interest in the sale at all? Is the price to high? Do people have better forks already?

Need some advise on getting it sold if possible.

Thanks!

Maybe nobody needs a 2011 Boxxer RC. Trust me, if the price was too high, somebody would have told you if you advertised in the classifieds!!

The thing is I think, there are so many stuff for sale on the hub and if you really want it to sell quickly you need to sell it for a ridiculous price. Or wait until you get your price.

It's a good price, especially if the fork is in decent condition. I'd be half tempted myself, but have a bunch of other bicycle related expenses to see to first.

Hang in there!

I was thinking about this the other day, I put it down to the crazy prices from CRC and CWC, they are killing the 2nd hand market. Hang in there, someone will need it. Maybe also try Gumtree to reach a more people.

Ok cool. Keep an ear open for me guys. Fork is in great condition, coming off a Voltage that I'm buying tomorrow.

Also bear in mind that you have only recently joined the Hub, so people may also be a bit suspicious of buying from a "newbie" what with all the fraud that goes no. Its nothing personal. :thumbup:

Fair enough :( no time for hubbing.

You find time for Hubbing :whistling: It might not be the case for everyone though, and it may not even be a reason for this in particular.

The thing is I think, there are so many stuff for sale on the hub and if you really want it to sell quickly you need to sell it for a ridiculous price. Or wait until you get your price.

Haha.

I was in a rush to sell it but now I'm not so let's see how long it takes.

In Jan I had some brand new top end parts I wanted to sell. I realized that with hubbers one has to do as Wil6 said. Either make them crazy cheap, or wait it out until the right fish comes to bite.

I opted for the crazy cheap option. For example I sold a set of 3 XTR chainrings for less than CWC sells just the big one for, Whilst this may seem ridiculous, i looked at what I needed the money for... more burly AM parts, that were in fact cheaper. So taking that into account and being ok with not making a profit out of my situtaion, I managed to sell all the parts within 24hrs.

I was happy because it paid for my custom build, and the buyers were happy because they got some killer deals. Win-win!

So yeah, that's how the hub works.

I need a fork like that, just don't have the cash!

You wanting to put something like that on the Yeti? How is the Yeti going?

A friend bought an AS-X around the same time that your one was originally purchased. He ran his with a fox 40 as opposed to the Talas 36. He loved it until he crashed it into a tree. (But that led to replacing it with a nice new Yeti 303 RDH with a limited edition Fox 40 WC *droool*).

But yeah, point being is I think that frame lends itself well to a 200mm fork.

your price is right dude - i sold a 2011 pair (ok they were BRAND NEW) for R3000 as i replaced them with a brand new World Cup ... so your price is ok.

The hub doesnt see much classifieds traffic when its come to DH ... send me a mail with PICS and FULL SPEC and I'll forward it to our mailing list here in KZN ... where are you from?? Add in how transport etc will work too!

nigel.hicks101@gmail.com