• it'll-blend-in-with-the-blood-when-i-bail red
    • any-colour-as-long-as-it's black
    • i-like-my-coffee-with-a-dash-of-milk black and white

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hurry up , we wanna see what it looks like.

Edited by Super Mario

Huh..... I think there are some serious bike being built over the next couple of days, weeks...

Wes... Crow... couple others ... some inbetweener wheels...

I cant stop looking at my frame hanging on the prepstand... cant help myself touching my fox 36mm stanchions ... droooool...

I went for the carbon easton havens....

Huh..... I think there are some serious bike being built over the next couple of days, weeks...

Wes... Crow... couple others ... some inbetweener wheels...

I cant stop looking at my frame hanging on the prepstand... cant help myself touching my fox 36mm stanchions ... droooool...

I went for the carbon easton havens....

WANT!!!

WANT!!!

Waiting for them to arrive..... finally building my dream bike.... nervous about it... components/shipments coming in from france, us, uk and sa... will have 95% of everything on monday. been tracking the shipment on UPS, FedEX and DHL site like crazy... my refresh browser button been hit a billion times....

Yeah, Have the FORKS and FRAME already,,,, all the other bits sitting at customs/airport...

All I could do upto now was to install the 142mm rear chips and check the torqs on the suspension....

Waiting is killing me..

Yeah, Have the FORKS and FRAME already,,,, all the other bits sitting at customs/airport...

All I could do upto now was to install the 142mm rear chips and check the torqs on the suspension....

Waiting is killing me..

You forgot the insistent touching / feeling / licking of the frame...

You forgot the insistent touching / feeling / licking of the frame...

the kashima coating on my fox 36 stanchions taste funky

BTW - you getting an angleset, or some other headset?

Naa.. instead of angle set i'm using a 160mm forks, v.s 150mm to give me the same effect as an angle-set

The headset is one of the parts coming from the states, it's an inset/zs spec and rather hard to find with a 44 top and 56 bottom cup...

So I got a really nice Chris King "GOLD" one....

the kashima coating on my fox 36 stanchions taste funky

Naa.. instead of angle set i'm using a 160mm forks, v.s 150mm to give me the same effect as an angle-set

The headset is one of the parts coming from the states, it's an inset/zs spec and rather hard to find with a 44 top and 56 bottom cup...

So I got a really nice Chris King "GOLD" one....

So does a freshly-painted frame. And fork oil. Funky...

And yeah, I get ya. They're farking expensive as well. Something like R 2k for an angleset. It's a fantastic idea, but damn...

So does a freshly-painted frame. And fork oil. Funky...

And yeah, I get ya. They're farking expensive as well. Something like R 2k for an angleset. It's a fantastic idea, but damn...

Angle-set is expensive!!!

Also trying to keep the weight down, because I intend to ride this bike ALL the time... not that 'im hung up on weight, but when you start adding Reverbs, 160/36mm forks, 20mm axle/142-12mm axles, all-mountain wheelsets etc etc the kg's clock up quickly....

I broke the bank and tried to get as much top noch components on sale... so all in all i'm hoping to have her be under 13kg's without pedals..

According to my calculations (confirmed by a competitive.com build basked she should weight about 12.87kg's with pedals, and a stans tubeless.

Real-world I imagine it would be a bit more than what it says on paper.