Best Mountain biking Town in SA?

neildp

Having recently ridden extensively in Cape Town, I can honestly say the trails are so much "harder" for want of a word and way more Jeep track. KZN trails are way more "plush" with more single track. This is not refering to the technical side, if that makes sense.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having recently ridden extensively in Cape Town, I can honestly say the trails are so much "harder" for want of a word and way more Jeep track. KZN trails are way more "plush" with more single track. This is not refering to the technical side, if that makes sense.

Whered you ride and why didnt you look me up you swine.

Whered you ride and why didnt you look me up you swine.

Tokai/ Silvermine, Bottelery, All the trails in Grabouw & Stellenbosch,Contermans/Hillcrest/Meerendal. I had a thread about hooking up, I was on tight schedule with the missus, lol. :blush: I'm coming down in 6 weeks time, so we can hook up then :thumbup: Was going to ask if I could possibly borrow a spare bike :whistling: Then I don't have to hassle to much with bringing mine down, as I don't have a car when I'm there

Tokai/ Silvermine, Bottelery, All the trails in Grabouw & Stellenbosch,Contermans/Hillcrest/Meerendal. I had a thread about hooking up, I was on tight schedule with the missus, lol. :blush: I'm coming down in 6 weeks time, so we can hook up then :thumbup: Was going to ask if I could possibly borrow a spare bike :whistling: Then I don't have to hassle to much with bringing mine down, as I don't have a car when I'm there

If she aint sold by then you may abuse lucy at will mate.

If she aint sold by then you may abuse lucy at will mate.

Thanks my good man, that would be awesome. I promise, I will be gentle, she may be surprised at what she has been missing though :whistling:

I think my town Somerset West might win this:

On my doorstep:

Lourensford with 120km dirt road including lots of single tracks, this is mtb heaven

Schapenberg trails, can stay on the dirt and ride into Grabouw MTO area

Helderberg College trails

Helderberg trails, can ride into the Eden Stellenbosch trails

Can ride along the railway line to Bottelary trails in Stellenbosch

Then Stellenbosch is just 20min away by car with:

Jonkershoek is a world class mtb area

Bottelary trails

Eden forrest

Then Grabouw is also just 20mins away by car:

Ok Im getting tired now Grabouw is another world class mtb mecca with lots of different options

For mtb Somerset West is hard to beat, no wonder the Epic ends here.

My vote is Somerset West too!