how to make marks on your bike

reteid

KS950i dropper post mate ;) I used to do the same thing until I saw the light. Money well spent!!

http://www.cyclescience.co.nz/site/images/389358.jpg?v=20120124100001

As far as making a temporary mark goes, use a 0,5mm clutch pencil on the post until you have fine tuned the height. It rubs off if you wash it off with force, but doesn't wash off if it gets wet. Once the height is where you want it, use a scriber to scratch the anodising off the post to mark it. DON'T score it so deep that you generate swarf!

Use the same method on the seat rails.

Good thinking Batman :thumbup:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

KS950i dropper post mate ;) I used to do the same thing until I saw the light. Money well spent!!

http://www.cyclescience.co.nz/site/images/389358.jpg?v=20120124100001

As far as making a temporary mark goes, use a 0,5mm clutch pencil on the post until you have fine tuned the height. It rubs off if you wash it off with force, but doesn't wash off if it gets wet. Once the height is where you want it, use a scriber to scratch the anodising off the post to mark it. DON'T score it so deep that you generate swarf!

Use the same method on the seat rails.

0.02c for a line or R2500.00 for a new seat post? uummmm...

0.02c 0c for a line or R2500.00 R2150,00 for a new seat post? uummmm...

Fixed.

I take it you haven't ridden with a dropper post... Don't knock it 'till you've tried it mate ;)

Edited by Grebel

The idea of insulation tape on the seatpost is to use it once you are happy with the height, its also quite easy to see if your post does slip as the tape will crunch up a bit. Mine has been on my carbon seatpost for about 4 years now.

As mentioned a scrape on the post indicating the height will not affect it, will not try that on carbon post though.

Edited by scotty

Fixed.

I take it you haven't ridden with a dropper post... Don't knock it 'till you've tried it mate ;)

Not knocking it ,, just the price.

with some of the suggestions i will now change the question.how can i cut up some trees alt f up my bike? to solve the problem we must first identify the question.even the wisest of man cannot answer a question set by a fool. at least i still have my sense of humor.thanks guys.

Although you do appear to have lost your sense of punctuation.

Not knocking it ,, just the price.

I though the same thing. Once it was installed, it was money well spent. If you are the guy that likes to do the bull runs and gets off to drop his post to stop your eggs getting scrambled while you are hanging off the back of your bike, then one of these is for you.

If you use a hammer for most things then an angle grinder should suffice.

If i can not fix it with a hammer then it must be an electrical problem.

If i can not fix it with a hammer then it must be an electrical problem.

Everything electrical works on blue smoke.........

When the blue smoke comes out it's broken.