KZN DH "Introduction" Days - for DH newbies

nigelhicks

Half the guys won't come now :rolleyes:

No look as i said ... its NOT a clinic for someone who's just starting to ride ... it would be for someone who probably owns a trail bike and has some skill (not lots is needed) and wants to give DH a go ... If you are a total newbie like Bron you will be out of your depth as you need to learn the basics first and thats where Amys course comes in.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since this would be something very new, I guess the question that should be asked to those who plan on attending is what would you want to get out of it?

Since this would be something very new, I guess the question that should be asked to those who plan on attending is what would you want to get out of it?

I hope to be able to attend and would hope that some of our provinces better risders would be able to impart some of their hard learnt knowledge onto me without me having to take any soil samples!! Basically be able to try some of the stuff in a controlled environment (Speed, approach angle, body position as well as some jumping techniques and not the crazy dirt jump stuff)

I hope to be able to attend and would hope that some of our provinces better risders would be able to impart some of their hard learnt knowledge onto me without me having to take any soil samples!! Basically be able to try some of the stuff in a controlled environment (Speed, approach angle, body position as well as some jumping techniques and not the crazy dirt jump stuff)

thats EXACTLY what i would look at doing.

the main things would be:

A chance to try out DH on a DH bike without having to buy one!

then would also be help with:

body positioning and body movement on the bike

braking

line choice

cornering

dropoffs

jumping to a small extent.

But mainly just riding and getting tips from the top guys.

Its not a true clinic and wont be priced like a clinic - it would be a shuttle day for those guys who are keen to give DH a try, and then they get some added help from the riders.

Edited by nigelhicks

Sorry, i only just notice it now that this topic falls under ''gravity''. I just clicked on ''active post''.

hmmmm, i may have 2 - 3 mates who will be keen...so once i know date/time etc i'll forward them the message.

:)

Edited by Bronabee

the main things would be:

A chance to try out DH on a DH bike without having to buy one!

then would also be help with:

body positioning and body movement on the bike

braking

line choice

cornering

dropoffs

jumping to a small extent.

But mainly just riding and getting tips from the top guys.

Its not a true clinic and wont be priced like a clinic - it would be a shuttle day for those guys who are keen to give DH a try, and then they get some added help from the riders.

Brilliant! I would like to do it on my bike though and then compare that to a full DH bike. (I realised a while ago after attending my first LIVE DH race that the bike probably looks better under somebody else...)

No look as i said ... its NOT a clinic for someone who's just starting to ride ... it would be for someone who probably owns a trail bike and has some skill (not lots is needed) and wants to give DH a go ... If you are a total newbie like Bron you will be out of your depth as you need to learn the basics first and thats where Amys course comes in.

Sorry,just to clarify, half the guys wont come cause Bronabee is not going to be there now . I agree that certain basic skills are needed. I can't wait to really put my Trance through its paces :drool: Edited by Caerus

I'm sure we both could end up having a closer look :wacko:

I'm sure we both could end up having a closer look :wacko:

Problem is if you do go OTB there will be quite a few witnesses... and probably someone with a camera!

Brombee can come. She can wash bike at the end. (I would post a pic but it will probably get modded...)

Problem is if you do go OTB there will be quite a few witnesses... and probably someone with a camera!

Brombee can come. She can wash bike at the end. (I would post a pic but it will probably get modded...)

It will be me with the camera! :whistling:

Wash bikes? pssssht! <_<

Thats terrible Grebel (where is that face palm pic) Bronabee you can take pics, not with your BB though, the resolution is not great.

It will be me with the camera! :whistling:

Wash bikes? pssssht! <_<

Your Blackcherry doesn't count as a camera. We have seen what it is capable of... :wacko:

If you can't wash a bike, ,,, nevermind.

Edited by Grebel

Thats terrible Grebel (where is that face palm pic) Bronabee you can take pics, not with your BB though, the resolution is not great.

:thumbup:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-uRlNDK_Z03o/TqwNcqfvgsI/AAAAAAAAANo/Wes3uDQUSwQ/s1600/ImpliedFacepalm.jpg

Edited by Grebel

That sounds like a excellent idea. I'll be very keen to join. I've got a DH bike and have done some DH riding but just need to get in the mix with the DH crowd and some advice would be very welcome. This would be a nice step before going straight into a DH race.

Edited by pierremerv