KZN DH "Introduction" Days - for DH newbies

nigelhicks

Me too!! Time to find out if I still bounce at 40... Unlikely though. Never too old to try new thing though!

Tuck & roll, tuck & roll :w00t: Bones heal and chicks dig scars :thumbup:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuck & roll, tuck & roll :w00t: Bones heal and chicks dig scars :thumbup:

Try explain that to my wife...

• 4 weeks later...

Who is still coming? I'm in and can't wait till Tuesday :clap:

I will see you there! (All things going well and according to plan...) My mate bailed though due to prior commitments. I let Nige know and I think geecee's mate wants to come. I am so amped for this! Here's hoping my shoulder holds out and I don't make my name ____

Awesome day at Rico's track today. Thanks very much Nigel for everything and Calvin and Travis for the pointers. Very nice to meet up with everyone too. Will have to take that step and come do my first race now.

That was the most fun I have had on two wheels in a LOOOONG time! It was great to meet pierremerv and ggza. Big thanks to Nigel for organising it, Lawrence for the bikes, Travis, Kelvin, Nick and everyone else for the pointers! Like pierre, I might just have to take the next step now!

@ geecee, how is your mate doing? I hope he is feeling better after he binned it.

One thing I did realise today that DH is not just about rolling down hill, you have to work hard for the adrenaline rush but man is it worth it!

Edited by Grebel

Who is still coming? I'm in and can't wait till Tuesday :clap:

What happened? Where were you?

A big thank you to Nigel, Lawrence, Trav, Kelvin and Nick ( hope I remembered everyone!). What an awesome day it was. Nice meeting Greg and Pierre as well. A day like this is highly recomended to anyone that want to try DH out on a proper bike.

Huge thanks guys. Awesome fun, really bleak we had to leave early, was just getting into it.

Naartjie is okay, just had xrays and as was confirmed numerous times after 1st second 3rd fourth opinions its definately broken :w00t:

he will see a surgeon tomorrow to find out what has to be done.

Just dropped the bike off at his spot just now and we ended up watching some downhill riding :thumbup:

I'm just a bit concerned that ill never want to ride my bike again after riding those awesome GT fury's huge thanks for lending us the bikes to abuse for a bit of fun. really wanted to have more time on the bike and on the trail.

hooked!

ok so who was who. after arriving late we didn't quite get to meet everyone although i did see most people i think.

Lawrence, you used to frequent e-dirt before am i right, didn't quite put two and two together but you looked familiar and in hindsight i saw a dirt devil sticker (great stuff i still have some from when i used to ride off road) and then i saw the lorenzo sticker. anyway.

so who works at racetech, i recall seeing the bantam there with racetech signage, i work about 500m up the road from you.

guess we will all meet up at the race planned for ricos, :whistling:

i do seem to have a fair amount of bruises on the right leg, i guess it was expected after going over the bars :clap: . And i caught myself looking for a 2nd hand DH bike this morning already :eek:

Naartjie called me this morning and asked when we going to look for some downhill bikes, so clearly the broken bones haven't put him off

ok so who was who. after arriving late we didn't quite get to meet everyone although i did see most people i think.

Lawrence, you used to frequent e-dirt before am i right, didn't quite put two and two together but you looked familiar and in hindsight i saw a dirt devil sticker (great stuff i still have some from when i used to ride off road) and then i saw the lorenzo sticker. anyway.

so who works at racetech, i recall seeing the bantam there with racetech signage, i work about 500m up the road from you.

i do seem to have a fair amount of bruises on the right leg, i guess it was expected after going over the bars :clap: . And i caught myself looking for a 2nd hand DH bike this morning already :eek:

Naartjie called me this morning and asked when we going to look for some downhill bikes, so clearly the broken bones haven't put him off

I was the one in the Zoo York T shirt with the stupid grin on my face! I think we only saw you when you were leaving. I did drop munerous hints last night about a DH rig... All I go was "that's not what I wanted to hear..."!

Racetech was Pierre van de merve ....

GGZA was on the Trek trail bike

Grebel was on the Teocali trail bike

Kelvin and Travis were in the gravity life kit riding with you

Lawrence was the blonde guy driving the amarok

Cant believe you guys didnt let me change the brakes around for you! hahaha if we'd done that Naartjie wouldnt have crashed! hahaha oh well. glad you okes all had fun .... and its nice to hear that you all keen to come and give it a proper go.

It was great to meet you all yesterday and i must say that there are XC riders out there that are seriously talented on a bike. For your first time on a Downhill course, you guys aced it and i could see the adrenaline rush in the shakey hands afterwards.

For us as Downhill riders its always great to get new riders into the sport and its an absolute jol when like minded people all meet up for a ride. What you guys experienced yesterday is what we do most weekends - we all meet up for a ride together.

You guys did an awesome job yesterday and would love to see you on the Downhill course racing with us. There is a class for everyone and we strive to keep it fun!!!

If you guys ever want another bash at it, just give us a call and we will be there. If you need help with finding bikes, advice on bikes, just shout we will be there.

Chat soon

I was the one in the Zoo York T shirt with the stupid grin on my face! I think we only saw you when you were leaving. I did drop munerous hints last night about a DH rig... All I go was "that's not what I wanted to hear..."!

Just get one and when she sees cry ignorance! hahaha