Berg and Bush 2012

Beer4Recovery

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When booking the hire car, we need to specify the driver otherwise the car won't be covered for insurance. Would we know the drivers details?

Good luck with getting someone from the race driving your rental car to the end. Had the same problem with w2w. They insisted on the extra driver being at the airport to present his or her I'd and drivers license. Logistical nightmare

Good luck with getting someone from the race driving your rental car to the end. Had the same problem with w2w. They insisted on the extra driver being at the airport to present his or her I'd and drivers license. Logistical nightmare

Thats what I'm worried about.

Anyone with suggestions? I really don't feel like driving up from Cape Town, its a LONG way.

How would that work if we are hiring a car? I entered without even thinking about logistics :-)

We played around with ideas how to get back and forth without handing car keys to a stranger. It would've cost quite a bit to put up a 3rd person in B&Bs for three days. With no firm plans about a shuttle before the entry process we passed up on the entry. :-(

We played around with ideas how to get back and forth without handing car keys to a stranger. It would've cost quite a bit to put up a 3rd person in B&Bs for three days. With no firm plans about a shuttle before the entry process we passed up on the entry. :-(

If you get two teams hiring cars its a lot easier as the one team can park at the finish and the other team at the start and then just give a lift. Problem is the only person I know doing it is doing the Descent.

If you get two teams hiring cars its a lot easier as the one team can park at the finish and the other team at the start and then just give a lift. Problem is the only person I know doing it is doing the Descent.

How do you get 4bikes and 4adults in a hire car?

How do you get 4bikes and 4adults in a hire car?

Europcar hire a bike rack that takes 3 bikes so you just need to get 1 bike + 4 adults in the car which is definitely possible in a hatch back.

Europcar hire a bike rack that takes 3 bikes so you just need to get 1 bike + 4 adults in the car which is definitely possible in a hatch back.

Hopefully you won't get a little daihatsu :-)

Hopefully you won't get a little daihatsu :-)

just need to select the right option. The Polo's, I20's etc all have plenty space in the boot.

For all those interested, Europcar will allow you to have a driver take your car from start to finish. The driver doesn't need to be at the airport, you just need a copy of their drivers license and ID.

Definitely worth it. Did it for the first time last year and loved it - back for round 2 up Spioenkop this year :thumbup:

Tgot an entry but not 100% sold - is the race worth it?R7500 isnt cheap!

I asked around before entering and didn't hear one bad thing from anyone. The people who have done it all said it was fantastic!

Edited by Ratty

with original partner. that sucks!!! Does that mean that i am going to end up on a waiting list as well if i choose to ride with a different partner?

You can do a substitution later

Tgot an entry but not 100% sold - is the race worth it?R7500 isnt cheap!

Absolutely worth it!!!Excellent value for money. There is always nice clothing in the goody bag too.

Edited by horseytoo