[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #1 Tyger Valley

Tim_Fair

Enjoyed this one...2:53 in the 70. Echo most sentiments here, well organized very well marked, lekker route...good job

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a good go at it today. Did the 20k, and had fun. Was my 3rd race ever, and did good. Finished 7th in our category. Just loved the ride. LOVED IT. Will work on doing the longer distances for later this year.

was awesome for a first race...just gotta work my way up the seeding so not so many holdups. great route, super marshalls

AWESOME! Had my worst day ever on my bid but not any fault of the organizers. Great route.

+1

had a terrible time from the 50k mark....suffered with some cramping...

Wish these legs were stronger as the route was excellent!

+1

had a terrible time from the 50k mark....suffered with some cramping...

Wish these legs were stronger as the route was excellent!

Yip same problem. Plus I picked the wrong gear for this race.

After last years race I did not want to ride a Nissan Trailseeker again due to the short cuts taken by others and the congestion. If this is anything to go by for the next races I'm in for all of them this year. Route was sublime with a decent mix of singletrack, jeep and cattle track. Congestion non-existent and marshalling was friendly and efficient. Well done to the organisers!!

Anyone have a gps track of the 40km? what was the actual km's?

Yip same problem. Plus I picked the wrong gear for this race.

What ratio did you run? I was on 32/16 and found that I spun out on the flat and slight down hill sections.

Who do you contact if there is a n error, I started in H and was timed E?

It only times from when you cross the mat at the start and finish, so doesn't matter if you start in a later batch (does DQ you if you try start earlier than your batch)

The E you see next to your name is just the batch you shoulda started in but your time will be correct.

What ratio did you run? I was on 32/16 and found that I spun out on the flat and slight down hill sections.

Ran the same gear but I have been running 18 for a year now and have ridden nothing else only change it on Friday night. I been struggling with patella tendinitis and it just hurt me from on the little climb at the start and was in agony for the rest of the day.

On a positive note I was 1hr faster than last year which was my first marathon and first SS ride so getting better but not one of my best.

Reckon I need a good dose of HTFU

Edited by jcmeyerSS

It only times from when you cross the mat at the start and finish, so doesn't matter if you start in a later batch (does DQ you if you try start earlier than your batch)

The E you see next to your name is just the batch you shoulda started in but your time will be correct.

Well it's not, I have the GPS track with time at 2h13:12 - i did start it late by about 30 s while my listed time is 2h33:28