[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #4 Van Gaalens

Tim_Fair

Am I the only one that got a hakahana medal instead of van gaalens medal?????surely a mistake...??

Sorry about that guys...mistake from the manufacturer.

We will have a bunch of Van Gaalens lanyards available at Hakahana, so if you want you can come and grab the correct lanyard at the next race!thumbup1.gif

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are the guys that deserve a beer afterwards. Not for riding it but for providing excellent entertainment. Had that once on the monster. We were all walking over the rocks and he thought he could ride around us. 20m was how far he got before he went over the handlebars.

Hey Tim give the guys a choice at the end of the race Haka or VG medal. I for one will just take a VG one to complete the list. Or just hand us a free cold beer and we call it quits ????

were the usual Photomarx guys there? I only saw a guy in a tree witha video camera... (40km)

If so where can we find the pictures, could be funny with me not knowing they were there...

were the usual Photomarx guys there? I only saw a guy in a tree witha video camera... (40km)

If so where can we find the pictures, could be funny with me not knowing they were there...

It was photomarx

Great rides by Vinny, Ross, swift and the other SS hardmen.

Did anyone else see this?

The guy that finished 27th overall in 3:19 had to ride with roadpedals and road shoes as he brought the wrong shoes. He also happens to be 57 years old and his name is Chris Brand - Legend! SA Masters champ for 5th year running.

Great rides by Vinny, Ross, swift and the other SS hardmen.

Did anyone else see this?

The guy that finished 27th overall in 3:19 had to ride with roadpedals and road shoes as he brought the wrong shoes. He also happens to be 57 years old and his name is Chris Brand - Legend! SA Masters champ for 5th year running.

he has also won some SA champs on off road motorcycles and if Im not mistaken also the roof of africa way back when it was still a long hard endurance event.

he has also won some SA champs on off road motorcycles and if Im not mistaken also the roof of africa way back when it was still a long hard endurance event.

Thats him, hard as nails!

Damn makes us feel like we slow and soft. My dad just turned 60 i must tell him to HTFU and get going hee hee

Damn makes us feel like we slow and soft. My dad just turned 60 i must tell him to HTFU and get going hee hee

Your dad is a machine...riding with that nephew of yours at the towers is like doing the epic...and he was the mechanic. Talk about getting a raw deal clap.gif

when we started racing many years back we would not carry much and he ALWAYS had tubes, pumps etc so if we had a mechanical we knew he would be not too far behind and sort us out, until one race he came home with 2 flat tires and no pump and tubes. He had handed them to me earlier. that was the last time, now he rides past grinning (or at the towers throew a bomb to my nephew which turned out to be an empty one ha ha). We have learnt and carry everything plus the kitchen sink.... I even had a spare SS chain with the pin ready to go it tucked away in my backpack this last race.

Great event, having smaller batches was a great idea as there were no bottlenecks and it flowed smoothly.

That downhill section was absolutely insane. Had my bike serviced this past week and brakes were super tight, accidentally locked my front brakes and went striaght over my handlebars into a thorn bush. Thought I was gonna break a few bones , luckily a few scratches was all. Still have a few thorns stuck in my skin can't get them out, look like I've been mauled by a (baby) tiger. I consider myself to have fairly good technical skills so I'm not sure how everyone else did on that section but it was narly.

I always find it funny to see people in the "casual batches" (I started in F) who flat out sprint out the blocks like they're going for podium finishes, and then almost all of them have to push their bikes up the first uphil after the concrete section. Generally these same people who ride with one bottle and no spares to save weight.

Pace yourselves people and know your limits!

Edited by dino

Great event, having smaller batches was a great idea as there were no bottlenecks and it flowed smoothly.

I think it was a combination of things

1. Smaller batches(well done advendurance)

2. More climbing than in other trailseeker events(well done advendurance ito up'ing the meters)

3. Dual singletrack at tech sections in the early parts of the race(Thank Eric...we did notice this, effort appreciated)

4. Not merging 20,40 and 70 together at the end(Thank again Eric)

I consider myself to have
fairly good technical skills
so I'm not sure how everyone else did on that section but it was narly.

Dito, i too feel i have fair technical skills both up and downhill, well i walked/pushed some of those sections on Saturday.

Slightly off topic, is the guy who rode the Orange On-One SS on the Hub?

Looked out for you at the finish.....well mabey you finished before me mellow.png