[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #4 Van Gaalens

Tim_Fair

<----- ooooh that was you. thumbup1.gif

Then we were within a couple of minutes from each other - she was with me at that water crossing log and wire section.

I stopped nothing less than 13 times to put my chain back on, every bump threw it off and got sucked in between the sprocket and frame.

Terrible day.

Boet I was in a semi coma by then....thought I will be windgat and go singlespeed(32x18) and rigid to boot....very humbling experience. I finished with her and her husband / boyfriend both on rigid SS....she was running 32x16....and climbed alles. Could see you were ready to gooi a vloermoer when the chain came off.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boet I was in a semi coma by then....thought I will be windgat and go singlespeed(32x18) and rigid to boot....very humbling experience. I finished with her and her husband / boyfriend both on rigid SS....she was running 32x16....and climbed alles. Could see you were ready to gooi a vloermoer when the chain came off.

haha I was just THAT frustrated.

I prob spent 45min OFF the bike getting that silly chain back up.

Yeah been a great 3 weeks for me. No dirt roadie trails. 3 towers, mateke game lodge 4x4 trail (lots of bike hiking 45 degree slopes) and now nissan. Makes you have to dig deeper i. The technical department (or in my case i lack it so just crash over and pray). This is how mtb was supposed to be. Big up the fixie fork people. Must have hit a few rocks hard on the 70km

Yeah been a great 3 weeks for me. No dirt roadie trails. 3 towers, mateke game lodge 4x4 trail (lots of bike hiking 45 degree slopes) and now nissan. Makes you have to dig deeper i. The technical department (or in my case i lack it so just crash over and pray). This is how mtb was supposed to be. Big up the fixie fork people. Must have hit a few rocks hard on the 70km

My eyeballs are still bouncing in my head haha...To be honest the single gear didn't get me, it was the lack of suspension that broke me, coming from a dual sus at the towers

PS bigup on the 3rd place cat Gordon....Well done china!

I was having an awesome 40km race, the trails were amazing, some of the nicest and most challenging race riding I've ever done. But ended up not finishing due to my seat coming of my seat post at the 30km mark.

Will definitely do it again next year.

The T-Shirt was briljant, good quality, very nice print!

A suggestion for future technical and bumpy races... how about adding a Bio-Degradable (no I don't drive a Toyota prius) water bottle thumbup1.gif to the goodie bag, I lost my waterbottle early on, and noted a number of waterbottles along the route...

My Bike (and me for that matter) took a serious beating... But what a Briljant race, this is wat MTB is about!

I went 32x18 on a 26inch my legs took 24hrs to stop spinning after that long flat road. Should have changed to a 16 at least but i got lazy. Paid for it but spykerbombs and beers made it all worth it. Didn't help my fork lost air after the strips. Could work out why the bike was handling so bad, only at the church did i realise so locked it out for the rest of the ride. Note to self DON'T fiddle with your fork 20min before the start. #willieverlearn

The T-Shirt was briljant, good quality, very nice print!

A suggestion for future technical and bumpy races... how about adding a Bio-Degradable (no I don't drive a Toyota prius) water bottle thumbup1.gif to the goodie bag, I lost my waterbottle early on, and noted a number of waterbottles along the route...

My Bike (and me for that matter) took a serious beating... But what a Briljant race, this is wat MTB is about!

Rather get some proper cages...the spez ones holds the bottles pretty well

I agree with everyone that this was the best Nissan of the series so far, by a country mile! This was a proper mountain bike race,not a dirt-road road race like some of the others.

The descents were wicked and definitely caused carnage which I was lucky to escape.

The water points were great and I was glad to see that there were technical assistance teams out there as well. Someone I rode with had a BB unscrew itself and the techy people saved his day.

I would have liked to see more EMS near those sections though, I'm sure many people needed them!

All in all it was a fantastic race, only my 2nd marathon on SS. The loop after the church called for a really big mug of HTFU and I'm sure separated the men from the boys.

4:29:59 came in 1 second faster than my goal, so I'm stoked!

not sure if these were by accident, but after the 45km mark I noticed quite a few empty Gu packs, bombs etc...

People just don't give a sh anymore.

not sure if these were by accident, but after the 45km mark I noticed quite a few empty Gu packs, bombs etc...

People just don't give a sh anymore.

Yea more so than at other races...even when the Arnie asked very nicely with sugar on top to not litter. I think guys that got very tired were just chucking....and couldn't be bothered.

That's the other option, I'll get me one of those thanks!

Yea more so than at other races...even when the Arnie asked very nicely with sugar on top to not litter. I think guys that got very tired were just chucking....and couldn't be bothered.

what irritates me is that they still have to ask people to not litter.

this should be by default.

That's the other option, I'll get me one of those thanks!

Yea the spez one is defnitely the winner....cost a bit more, but well worth itthumbup1.gif

what irritates me is that they still have to ask people to not litter.

this should be by default.

You would think so hey....the kuk thing is these people are spoiling it for the rest of us. Idiots