2 Oceans Trail run

tunariaan

Who's doing it , it will be my first one and i am looking forward to it

any info about where to run hard and where to not will be apprecaited

Thanks

All I know is that when I got back from school to enter it was sold out, and then I saw lots of people complaining about the entry fee.

What distance you running?

jip its expensive but i wanted to do it and i was lucky to get a ticket

I will be doing the full

you better rest with that its and see a good physio about it , also make sure that you try and do roughly the same amout of training on the road and on the bike

Goodluck with the half , hope it doesnt hurt too much

hey gents

This was one amazing run and also quite technical and tough, just the way it should be

My heart rate went sky high from the first km and only settled after about 9km's of which the first 9 where basically all uphill

it started with 180beats on the first km and then stayed in the 170's till 9km

i didnt really train since i had an appendix op 3 weeks ago so it might have been something to do with the op aswell

anyway, the run is stunning and they had lots of guys taking photos ,

its higly recommended

hey gents

This was one amazing run and also quite technical and tough, just the way it should be

My heart rate went sky high from the first km and only settled after about 9km's of which the first 9 where basically all uphill

it started with 180beats on the first km and then stayed in the 170's till 9km

i didnt really train since i had an appendix op 3 weeks ago so it might have been something to do with the op aswell

anyway, the run is stunning and they had lots of guys taking photos ,

its higly recommended

Still for the price is just a bit too much i commute through most of the route and cant understand why its so pricy. agreed awesome views and scenery but i dont pay to ride this route so the fee needs to be rethought. this just my opinion.

Agree but riding that route is mostly fire roads and open flat road, going zig zag up the mountain you wont be doing on a bike and then a presume getting all the medics and all the Table mountain rescue teams on a few different spots must have cost some bucks

I agree its expensive but its one that i can tick off my list

the were some okes riding the bottom fire roads on their bikes,

And adding the free puma trail technical shirts of over R300 and its not that bad

Edited by tunariaan

the only reason i know i rode Thursday home from work and saw most of the signs went up plum pudding hill but then dropped down to rhodes where i think the long route followed a single track up and the short a bit further goes to newlands.

wasn't aware that the t-shirt was free unlike the road run it was extra. makes the price reasonable but still pricy

sad i missed the 2oceans half.....

was not the best condition and loads of runners , if i heard right they said there were 17200 at the half-it must be a nightmare starting in a block somewhere at the back

Hey, not only trail running but also road running , for me it feels like if you can run a good pace 5, 10 or 21km you can do any kind of shorter distace mountain bike race with very little training and still do fairly well

stading in the saddle seems to help my hill training again so it will be great if you can do both

just make sure you get the right shoes for your feet specially if you weigh more than 80kg's

I know it seems expensive but alot of planning was done on the trail run especially the medical side. There was a death on a previous trail run of 2 Oceans which has prompted all the preperations. If you guys noticed there was a rescue helicopter on standby and no less than 3 advanced life support rescue teams at Oppelskop, Saddle Rock and above Blockbouse on the steep descent which was more than a run but a scramble. This besides no less than 4 ambulances , and two offroad medical rescue vehicles. If someone has to collapse or fall badly any where on the upper trail between Oppelskop and the Blockhouse it takes alot of manpower and expertise to get that person safely down not to mention if it happened above the blockhouse there would have to be rope systems put in place to lower the person down. Luckily there were no serious injuries this year. Sometimes we are not aware of all the planning that goes into an event like this so that if something did happen to a participant they would get first world medical treatment.

Hey, not only trail running but also road running , for me it feels like if you can run a good pace 5, 10 or 21km you can do any kind of shorter distace mountain bike race with very little training and still do fairly well

stading in the saddle seems to help my hill training again so it will be great if you can do both

just make sure you get the right shoes for your feet specially if you weigh more than 80kg's

yeah. am definitely over the 80kg,hence i am leaning towards trail as opposed to the road surface. dont do mountain biking though .

yeah. am definitely over the 80kg,hence i am leaning towards trail as opposed to the road surface. dont do mountain biking though .

How are your ankles? Strengthen them up and get them used to the running thing by running on smooth surfaces first before you dive into the bundus.