2-4mm cut on tubeless tyre

CarbonCAS

Pinch flats?

You have a hit a properly inflated road tyre moer hard to pinch it... And if you managed to you probably dinged your rim as well so the tyre should be the least of your worry either way.

I don't think there is much/any advantage in going tubeless on a road bike!

Except from the minimum two punctures per week I was getting from commuting with normal tyres.

Two years ago when I was a tad fitter I tried to ride league. Punctured in three of my races. Was good tyres and tubes etc. Just bad luck.

If I was running tubeless would have finished them all.

Now with tubeless,

No pinch flats, sealant sorts out most punctures.

It has sealed punctures at 9 bars! :clap:

If it is a big cut (glass normally) and only seals at 4-5 bars (where I have been a few times) I have still got home fine. At my weight + laptop on back is seriously impressive. A normal tyre would have snakebitten so quickly at that pressure.

And the weight is nothing to cry about. 270 Grams for the tyre + a few ml of sealent and you are set. The tyre is really strong and hardcore. You realise why it is so expensive when you look inside at the build quality.

I have found that it rolls really nicely.

It feels more grippy to me, but that might just be the rubber compound as well.

Some people never get flats, I went through 3 years with only getting one or two. So I never saw the need to change my setup.

But when your bad puncture spell hits you just cant seem to shake it. :cursing:

So now I am happy to have to deal with a slit in the tyre but I am still able to ride the thing like that anyway.

On another point.

What do you guys think about other sealents?

What else is on the market?

Is there anything thicker which may work well at high pressure and also not attack the glue of the patches?

Hi all,

I got a small cut in my tyre and was wondering how to repair it. The sealant seals the cut at low pressure(not enough to ride on) but as soon as you inflate the tyre it starts to leak again?

The cut is between the knoblies. Any suggestions of fixing this? Any help would be appreciated!

Go to a motorbike repair shop and buy a small mushroom plug which you install from the inside of the tyre. that is the only real fix for that size puncture. You can try and glue a patch to the interior of the tyre but if the cut is too big this may not last.