Benoni mine dump ride

Beerboy37

I'm looking to ride at the Benoni mine dumps this weekend but I don't know much about it. Does anyone know if you can still get there from CR swart dam? Last time I went it looked like they had locked the gate there.

Also, how do I get into the mine dumps? Is it just off snake road?

Thanks in advance.

CR Swart is now mostly surrounded by Ebotse. You can get there from Snake Road - maybe park near the Northmead Mall.

Thanks. So it's fairly easy to find?

Would I just go under the highway on snake road and then go left?

Edited by Beerboy37

Yeah, the easiest access would be to turn left past the barrier by the first set of robots (Pioneer Drive - the road that would take you into town). From there, wind your way around to Chimes and beyond.

Good Morning

I would be careful riding at the mine dumps we use to ride motox there as well there are gents doing some elligal mining so be aware!!! U can get in to the bumps from the putfontein side via chrystal park. Rather join us from the BP on Oreilly merry and old benoni rd at 6:30 on a saterday much saver nice big group 8-12 riders

Tintin

Thanks, I have heard about those guys so we will be cautious. We are getting a group of about 8-10 guys and starting at Benoni country club.

If we're coming from the northmead mall side, do we go to the left or right hand side after going under the highway? I went a few years ago and I thought we went left but now I'm not sure.

Left. Coming from the CC, you'll turn left off Morris onto Snake Road and under the N12 (right would take you up Pretoria Road to the Mall). Golden Drive is on your left as you come out from under the highway. You can also access the dumps from that road, either by a dust road about halfway down on your right, or continue past the heliport.

. Golden Drive is on your left as you come out from under the highway. You can also access the dumps from that road, either by a dust road about halfway down on your right, or continue past the heliport.

You can also turn right, and immediately right again onto a foot path that goes up to the railway line, head across the railwaybridge and follow your nose...

Perfect! Thanks guys.

I guess we'll just ride around until we find something. At least I know which direction to go now. :D

You can also turn right, and immediately right again onto a foot path that goes up to the railway line, head across the railwaybridge and follow your nose...

That's right… ;)

Been that way a few times with your weekend boss.

Yeah, they head out that way often on Saturday mornings, while I'm left to open up the shop.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I am new to everything, the forum and riding. Looking to team up with a group for week end rides. I am in Benoni. When I say new to riding, that means everything that goes with it, fitness, weight, etc. But we all got to start somewhere, right?

Hi

I am new to everything, the forum and riding. Looking to team up with a group for week end rides. I am in Benoni.

Road or mtb?