Stormsriver Traverse 3 day adventure

Dryland

Hotel entries now sold out, get you name on the waiting list

A few tent options left

www.stormsrivertraverse.co.za

• 2 months later...

Any Hubbers doing this event?

My wife and I are paid and entered, but so not training like we should be nor ready for it. 4 weeks to go!!

Any Hubbers doing this event?

My wife and I are paid and entered, but so not training like we should be nor ready for it. 4 weeks to go!!

Also doing it with the wife . I just finished a tour from Bellville to Knysna , so my fitness is not to bad , but I am worried about my better half . She is not really a mtb'er ( has done some riding , but is more of a runner ) , so I think I am going to be pushing a lot of the hills . I heard that it is quite a nice race , and also suited for the non mtb'ers . Beeing my wife's first multi stage event , I just hope it doesn't rain as much as last year , 'cause then it might also be her last !

Also doing it with the wife . I just finished a tour from Bellville to Knysna , so my fitness is not to bad , but I am worried about my better half . She is not really a mtb'er ( has done some riding , but is more of a runner ) , so I think I am going to be pushing a lot of the hills . I heard that it is quite a nice race , and also suited for the non mtb'ers . Beeing my wife's first multi stage event , I just hope it doesn't rain as much as last year , 'cause then it might also be her last !

We'll have to hook up for a beer or two then. My wife's also more of a runner, but she still climbs better than me on the bike and certainly seems to have gained some speed with the first 29'er in the family behind her name. This will be our second stage race together - also hoping for some better weather than they had last year. Mate of mine did it last year and said the mud was soul- and bike-destroying at times.

We'll have to hook up for a beer or two then. My wife's also more of a runner, but she still climbs better than me on the bike and certainly seems to have gained some speed with the first 29'er in the family behind her name. This will be our second stage race together - also hoping for some better weather than they had last year. Mate of mine did it last year and said the mud was soul- and bike-destroying at times.

First round on me . Just look out for the guy pushing his wife up the hills . Hopefully she pays me back in kind !! :whistling:

First round on me . Just look out for the guy pushing his wife up the hills . Hopefully she pays me back in kind !! :whistling:

Which accommodation option did you choose? We opted for the luxury option - fresh linen every night. Not really a stage race unless you're roughing it up in tents. But it is winter and it could rain ...

Which accommodation option did you choose? We opted for the luxury option - fresh linen every night. Not really a stage race unless you're roughing it up in tents. But it is winter and it could rain ...

We were also lucky to get the luxury option . A friend of mine stayed in the tents last year , and with all the rain , they packed up after the first night . Don't want to drive all the way there , and then not enjoy the event because you sleep k@k . I agree that at some stage races the tents makes the event feel more hardcore and also adds to the vibe of the event , but it's not fun in a tent when it rains !!

Besides , we are seeing this more of a little break-away ( holiday ) and will be there to have a lekker ride and a few beers , wines . Do you know how technical the routes are ?

We were also lucky to get the luxury option . A friend of mine stayed in the tents last year , and with all the rain , they packed up after the first night . Don't want to drive all the way there , and then not enjoy the event because you sleep k@k . I agree that at some stage races the tents makes the event feel more hardcore and also adds to the vibe of the event , but it's not fun in a tent when it rains !!

Besides , we are seeing this more of a little break-away ( holiday ) and will be there to have a lekker ride and a few beers , wines . Do you know how technical the routes are ?

Yip. We're also seeing this as a bit of a getaway. I'm not sure of my facts, but I don't believe there is any single-track so it's not technical at all with only farm roads and jeep track. Of course in mud that does present its own challenges.

I'll be going through and riding solo with my wife as No1 Supporter. We are staying at Misty Mountain Reserve just outside Storms River.

http://www.mistymoun...commodation.htm

We cycled the two routes starting and ending there about two years ago. Lovely setting. Am actually wondering how much (if any?) of these two routes actually comprise the event?

Seems us Hubbers will have to connect for a beer or two before and/or during the event. Look out for the dik oke with a skinny chic. I'm on a white and orange Giant 26'er and my wife is on a grey Giant 29'er. :wacko:

Seems us Hubbers will have to connect for a beer or two before and/or during the event. Look out for the dik oke with a skinny chic. I'm on a white and orange Giant 26'er and my wife is on a grey Giant 29'er. :wacko:

100% on the beer ( hopefully a local beer ) . I'll be on a black s-works stumpy dual , and my wife on a silver/green Giant Trance x . I also heard it's mostly jeep track , district roads . But apparently the scenery is why you go there ! Looking forward to the event .

sounds nice, just around the corner from me and i know the event orgenizers

it will be great like all the Dryland Event

I hope i to be in the country round then

Look for the tall skinny oke on the black scott Scale pro HT and my wife in her KTM

Jagermeisters are on us

• 4 weeks later...

i am so not fit or ready for this race. Weather, work and a bit of illness have all interfered with my training plans. But we'll be there, none the less!!!