Supplements for children and school kids

But actually there are cases for supplements in kids, but it should not be the norm.

For example I am tactile defensive and so I often didnt eat certain foods, but I was playing sport 6 days a week - enter a nutritional shake.

Along with that, I used to eat my boarding school meals AND a loaf of bread after every meal, and I was still a skraal kid.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have kids?What products do they use?

Vitamin C & echinacea in autumn and winter or when their noses get a bit runny.

Lots of fruit and veg and water keeps them fit and healthy.

Nothing else needed

Slightly off-topic, but I find it amazing how many kids in my daughters class ( she is 11) get given Monster or Red Bull with their school lunches. I dont know, but I find that just crazy.

insane. but Ritalin will fix them. crazy world....

Still amazed by lack of insight by parents!! Have you ever tried to determine the source of the vits and minerals you so generously give your kids? Vit C can be manufactured in your garage but it won't get absorbed due to absence of mico nutrients required for that, most Omega 3 fish oil is from China and needs to be decontaminated from heavy metals before being used as China's also biggest battery manufacturer in world, with no green legislation. If not your kid can get poisoned. Most poisoned fruit you pack your kid's lunch box is apple which is chemically ripened. A bag of oranges today contains less VitC than 1 orange had 40 years ago. When it says "Green Tea" on the box, is it extract of crushed tea - it makes a 100% difference? Vegetables must be washed with soapy water and then peeled or you can get salmonella poisoning as surrage contaminates our rivers being used for watering crops - mentioning only a very limited few ... If your training session is less than 2 hours you should NOT use supplements, except for recovery, which requires very specific formulation. Who of you does - if you still do, do you not view supplements as chemical aids? VERY little of what you take in during a 1/2 marathon is used during the actual race, except for the caffeine and other stuff that gives you a "kick"! Bottom line, get informed and EDUCATE your sibling ... and don't always trust the information from the body building sales attendant from your local pharmacy!