French & Swiss Alps 2012

patches

Guest Omega Man

The Mak in the Morgins bikepark

post-18968-0-50489300-1341823428.jpg

Morgins prettyness

post-18968-0-40115900-1341823434.jpg

The road to Chatel. We took the other route back which involves 4 lifts and a lot of trekking. Still. It was one hell of an adventure riding in the Alps in 5m visibility.

post-18968-0-42853000-1341823423.jpg

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Super_mil, what connectors should one buy to do a goodridge on codes?

Do you have those remaining new parts arriving in your current CRC order?

Go for the 104 kit, which is:

1 x M8 0.75 male fixed connectors

1 x M8 0.75 male swivel

2 x collars

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Images/Models/150/20426.jpg

The swivel connection is not as long as the fixed connection, so the end of it does not but up against the internal of the lever/calliper. As a precautionary measure I have ordered 2 more fixed connections as they seem to be slightly longer. Tough wood, the conversion is not leaking at either end of the pipe. The last thing you want to get while in France, is the drip (with no cure).

Also, that is for '08/'09 CODES so I'm not sure if it'll be the same connectors for newer models.

It is here.

post-10758-1341827278795.jpg

And it has schwalbe big betty 2.4s on... So i may use those in stead of the minnions

Guest Omega Man

And it has schwalbe big betty 2.4s on... So i may use those in stead of the minnions

Yeah. Those are nice and new. Ride those.

It is here.

post-10758-1341827278795.jpg

:clap:

more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics

:clap:

more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics

patience young padawan. patience.

...although it's killing me to be at my desk when I have a toolbox with all required to assemble, in my car... plus the bike park just 2min down the road!

must.be.patient :lol:

Guest Omega Man

Heads up on bikeshops.

They are all k@k expensive but we found the following.

The best place for kit is the downstairs shop in Les Gets. I can't remember the name of the shop but it's closer to the Mont Cheri lift and they rent out Kona DH bikes. And they are in a basement. They have loads of range especailly TLD, Oneal and other brands we don't get here.

In Morzine the GT shop is the cheapest for having work done. They charge 10 euro for a brake bleed. The Scott shop is a bit more expensive but both are british owned and the guys are all super friendly. If for some reason you need to rent a bike get them from Torico. You can rent a nukeproof scalp for 80 euro. (Crazy I know)

Essentially the closer you are to a lift the more expensive the shop. The same applies to restaurants.

Guest Omega Man

When it comes to bars there are 3 good bars in the old part of town.

There are actually 4 bars but I'm leaving Bar Robinson out of it cos it exists for one reason only and that's to get **** drunk on the bouncing beer. Mutzig. I call it that cos it bounces out of you.

Of the other 3 Dixie bar is the best. It's got pool tables and pinball machines and has pertty good atmosphere.

If you wanty to eat out for cheap there's a place called Mamma's. It's basically opposite bar Robinson and all the meals seem to be around 10 Euro. It's also British owned and run so you won't have to deal with a rude French prick.

Omega... what cassette sizes are you guys running?

Peach and I are thinking of using 11-28T as there will be some commuting on hills that go the wrong way.

also, we're not bringing our dropper posts. We may regret it... but we're also nervous about bailing and wrecking a R2500 seatpost. So we'll just run QR clamps

Guest Omega Man

Omega... what cassette sizes are you guys running?

Peach and I are thinking of using 11-28T as there will be some commuting on hills that go the wrong way.

also, we're not bringing our dropper posts. We may regret it... but we're also nervous about bailing and wrecking a R2500 seatpost. So we'll just run QR clamps

I ran 11-34 gearing. I always do so no changes there. No-one in our crew changed their gearing specifically for France. I'm the only guy in our crew who took a dropper. I'm pretty stoked I did cos I did the trundle across to Avoriaz 3 times. It's the only time you actually sort of need one (apart from coming back from Morgins) but a qr and you will be sorted.

Guest Omega Man

Addiction: the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma.

You have been warned.

I had my maiden voyage on the France bike yesterday. Still waiting on a few more parts before it's 100%. Once those arrive, I'll fit them, test ride, wash, and pack away until we arrive in Morzine.

I had my maiden voyage on the France bike yesterday. Still waiting on a few more parts before it's 100%. Once those arrive, I'll fit them, test ride, wash, and pack away until we arrive in Morzine.

And .... how was she?