• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And .... how was she?

In general... amazing! Super smooth!

but she needs some tweaks.

1. Wider bars. Currently running approx 750mm. got some 780mm Renthal's on the way.
  2. Gear ratios. Currently running a 38T up front with an 11-23T at the back. Good for DH racing. A bit heavy for moseying through the alps. Want to put a 36T up front with an 11-28T at the back.
  3. ...and the biggest tweak of all... rear spring! currently runnig a 200lb. My fat butt needs a 300lb.

Once that's all sorted and I've set up the fork and shock properly... it should be perfect!

In general... amazing! Super smooth!

but she needs some tweaks.

1. Wider bars. Currently running approx 750mm. got some 780mm Renthal's on the way.
  2. Gear ratios. Currently running a 38T up front with an 11-23T at the back. Good for DH racing. A bit heavy for moseying through the alps. Want to put a 36T up front with an 11-28T at the back.
  3. ...and the biggest tweak of all... rear spring! currently runnig a 200lb. My fat butt needs a 300lb.

Once that's all sorted and I've set up the fork and shock properly... it should be perfect!

Enjoy her!

Guest Omega Man
  1. ...and the biggest tweak of all... rear spring! currently runnig a 200lb. My fat butt needs a 300lb.

Doesn't it have a Fox?

Just smash some air in there.

Doesn't it have a Fox?

Just smash some air in there.

Yup, it's running an RC4. I have a 300lb spring on the way (was only R250 for steel not too bad)... that was the size which the online calc's recommended. Aslo Jonty runs a 300lb Ti on his. But yeah I'll also load up that bottom out control.

Yup, it's running an RC4. I have a 300lb spring on the way (was only R250 for steel not too bad)... that was the size which the online calc's recommended. Aslo Jonty runs a 300lb Ti on his. But yeah I'll also load up that bottom out control.

Just lose some weight fat-ass!

Just lose some weight fat-ass!

Becoming anorexic was an option. Not only would I have saved that R250 for a new spring, but my food bill would also decrease considerably.

...but then I thought about the cost of a new wardrobe, and all those R200 bargain MX jerseys I bought that would go to waste.

This depressed me... so I went to the vending machine and got a chocolate

Guest Omega Man

Becoming anorexic was an option. Not only would I have saved that R250 for a new spring, but my food bill would also decrease considerably.

...but then I thought about the cost of a new wardrobe, and all those R200 bargain MX jerseys I bought that would go to waste.

This depressed me... so I went to the vending machine and got a chocolate

Hahaha. You can always buy R2000 kit in France. Where did you get the spring from?

Edited by Omega Man

Hey OM what did you do for rain gear? I know you have mentioned a fancy Goretex jacket (was that not overkill?).

And what would suggest would be the bare minimum that you could get away with?

Hahaha. You can always buy R2000 kit in France. Where did you get the spring from?

I ordered it form CRC (dispatched earlier today). It's a Manitou spring, but manitou springs fit on Fox shocks.

These ones

I got the 3.5" 300lb for 267mm shock

Hey OM what did you do for rain gear? I know you have mentioned a fancy Goretex jacket (was that not overkill?).

a black dustbin bag. Light weight. Cheap. Dont need to wash when it gets full of mud. South African Pride!

Edited by patches

Guest Omega Man

I bought a seriously overpriced thing from sportsmans warehouse but I ended up using my mate Richard's one. He broke himself on day 2 so I was in there. It was way better than mine. It's a single layer thing from K Way. Worked great and it's R500. It also breathes which mine doesn't. The real benefit was when we went over to Morgins. It was KAAAAAK cold on the Mosettes lift. There was still snow on the ground towards the top. Oh. If you do go over there try count the number of ski poles and skit gloves that have fallen off the lift. haha. we counted 7 poles and 2 gloves.

No one seemed to bother with pants.

Oh. And those smith roll off things SSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUCCKKKKKKK!

Bin liners are a big no no. hahaha.

Edited by Omega Man

IBin liners are a big no no. hahaha.

demmit! Peach and I were going to go for the "poor little african boy" look to try get discounted meals etc.

As for kit... how much did you take.

I'm planning on 4 long sleeved jerseys, 1 pair DH shorts, 1 pair regular riding shorts, 1 pair DH longs. Will that be enough?

I bought a seriously overpriced thing from sportsmans warehouse but I ended up using my mate Richard's one. He broke himself on day 2 so I was in there. It was way better than mine. It's a single layer thing from K Way. Worked great and it's R500. It also breathes which mine doesn't. No one seemed to bother with pants.

Oh. And those smith roll off things SSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUCCKKKKKKK!

Bin liners are a big no no. hahaha.

Great, thanks for the info. Is it a jacket like this? http://www.kway.co.za/arc.aspx

I'm thinking of going for either the First Ascent 'Apple' (http://www.firstascent.co.za/web/product-details.php?prodid=741&catid=245&level=3)OR the CapeStorm 'Helium' (http://www.capestorm.co.za/products/detail/23?cat=16&activity=30)

The roll -offs only work in mud. As soon as water gets in behind the film you're faarked.

I know a lot of guys (mx/enduro) treat their lenses with C-thru or similar to get the water to roll off the lens while out riding in the rain. Think I may try this.

Guest Omega Man

demmit! Peach and I were going to go for the "poor little african boy" look to try get discounted meals etc.

As for kit... how much did you take.

I'm planning on 4 long sleeved jerseys, 1 pair DH shorts, 1 pair regular riding shorts, 1 pair DH longs. Will that be enough?

I took a short kit (shorts and a long jersey) a long kit (long pants and long jersey) My troy lee shorts (for use with t shirts) and i bought a kit there.

I reckon 2 kits are enough. Just wash after riding every day. Remember you only have 30kg checked luggage and you DO NOT want to go over.