French & Swiss Alps 2012

patches

Guest Omega Man

Omega, do you know anything about the "Chalet le Nantegue" Accommodation?

Looks like it's quite far out. Is it cheap?

BTW. There's a place called La Sherpa. It's on the main road. The road with the Ed in it but moving out of town. about 300m from Ed. They do a barbeque on a Wednesday night. Take your own meat. They provide salads and stuff. You just buy drinks there. Pretty festive. Just confirm it is happening with the bike mech at the GT shop. I think his name is Pedro.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looks pretty good.

200 pounds per week inc breakfast and supper.

getting more info from them now.

they say they also do a weekly bri, its like 500m from Les Voroches, have bikes so im not too worried.

Guest Omega Man

looks pretty good.

200 pounds per week inc breakfast and supper.

getting more info from them now.

they say they also do a weekly bri, its like 500m from Les Voroches, have bikes so im not too worried.

jees. forward info to me if possible.

Guest Omega Man

That is almost directly opposite La Sherpa where the Wednesday Baarbi's are held. It's only about 200m further than Les Voroche. (Chunder Alley)

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

@ Peach. I did a bit of pricing.

R8000 Plane Ticket

R2500 Accommodation (200 pounds catered)

R550 7 day ski pass if you take the 50% discount

R2000 spending money. That's going big.

R600 Airport transfers

R13650 TOTAL. For a week in the Alps.

That's me next year. Done!

Edited by Omega Man

So Omega.. do you think Peach and I should switch from Les Voroches to Chalet le Nantegue?

For our particular trip it'll work out to 430 pounds pp for 15 nights with those 2 meals included, plus the 50% discount on the 13day lift pass.

Guest Omega Man

So Omega.. do you think Peach and I should switch from Les Voroches to Chalet le Nantegue?

For our particular trip it'll work out to 430 pounds pp for 15 nights with those 2 meals included, plus the 50% discount on the 13day lift pass.

I would have stayed there if I had known about it. The lift pass alone makes it a bargain. Dude we are already making plans for Chalet le Nantegue for next year. hahaha. That is so frikkin cheap. You won't have to cook and wash dishes and the money you save on the lift pass buys you a kit. The only reason we did Les Voroches again this year was cos it was easy and the catered options we found were ridiculously expensive.

Just don't buy the very un pc Old South African flag TLD one my mate bought. Every time we were on the lift and saw him ride past we'd start singing die stem. Kaaak funny.

Edited by Omega Man

28 days 17hr 56min :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :w00t: :clap: :w00t:

asked a few questions, will get a reply tomo but im thinking we might switch. :thumbup:

aaah man! I'm getting soooooo amped!

I have just spent the last 20min studying the Boxxer WC tuning guide.

Omega... which setting do you think best describes most of the riding there?

post-10758-0-38573100-1341944655.jpg

I'm thinking bottom centre, but I can only judge from pics of the trails

Edited by patches

28 days 17hr 56min :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :w00t: :clap: :w00t:

asked a few questions, will get a reply tomo but im thinking we might switch. :thumbup:

woohoooo!!

Guest Omega Man

aaah man! I'm getting soooooo amped!

I have just spent the last 20min studying the Boxxer WC tuning guide.

Omega... which setting do you think best describes most of the riding there?

I'm thinking bottom centre, but I can only judge from pics of the trails

Jees don't ask me that stuff. All I did was speed up my rebound by 1 or 2 clicks. The tracks are fast and very rough so you "float" over the bumps if you speed up the rebound a bit.

Oh you might think about putting in a few psi of extra pressure to make the fork a bit harder.

So Omega.. do you think Peach and I should switch from Les Voroches to Chalet le Nantegue? For our particular trip it'll work out to 430 pounds pp for 15 nights with those 2 meals included, plus the 50% discount on the 13day lift pass.

If you're switching, I'll be in for the chalet for a week as well.

Guest Omega Man

Sweet. Tell me what it's like when you get back cos that's deff on the shortlist for next year.

haha! I guess you're just happy not to be sharing a sleepr couch with Peach or myself.

Sweet. Tell me what it's like when you get back cos that's deff on the shortlist for next year.

Will do OM. I must say that it sounds pretty awesome according to the email they sent us in respose to our enquiry.

"This price includes breakfast, afternoon teas and 3 courses evening dinner. Drinks are not included; however there is a lovely chalet bar that offers discounted drinks for our guests. The chalet offers free teas and coffees all day!

You will have the use of secure storage for your bike, a garage workshop, track pump, bike stand, hose and pressure wash plus the expertise of bikers and much more.

The chalet has a lovely garden with where you can relax after your biking trips.

As optional extras we can provide mini bus transfers to and from GVA to meet any flight at GBP 55.00 return (bikes are carried for free)"

haha! I guess you're just happy not to be sharing a sleepr couch with Peach or myself.

Not enough roofies in the world to get me to share a sleeper couch with one of you fckers.

Edited by Hog_