French & Swiss Alps 2012

patches

Okay, think I'll book the hotel when I get back from Berlin next week.

Thank you for your enquiry from 12/8 to 19/8 for 7 nights.

I am pleased that we can offer you a twin ensuite room on a single occupancy basis at GBP 270.00 pp.

The MTB pass is offered at a 50% discount at GBP 45.00 for 6 days ( dates to be agreed )

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

Wait. let me get this right. it's GBP 270 for the room? So if you share it's GBP 135? Add to that the 6 day lift pass that's GBP180. WHAAATTT???????? That's less than R2300.

FOR A CATERED WEEK INCLUDING A LIFT PASS IN THE ALPS. PEOPLE!!!

Wait. let me get this right. it's GBP 270 for the room? So if you share it's GBP 135? Add to that the 6 day lift pass that's GBP180. WHAAATTT???????? That's less than R2300.

FOR A CATERED WEEK INCLUDING A LIFT PASS IN THE ALPS. PEOPLE!!!

270 per person.

Otherwise patch would squeeze 4 people in there!

270 per person.

Otherwise patch would squeeze 4 people in there!

I'm a big spoon kinda guy... :lol:

Hog, why 270 GBP though? Is it because your room is single? Peach and I are paying 200 GBP/week each for a room with 2 single beds.

As for lift pass, they couldn't offer discount on the 13 day pass, so we're getting 2x7day passes for 51 GBP/pass (total 102 GBP for 14 days riding... we're only there for 13, but still cheaper than the regular price for a 13day)

Hog's in same size room as us so they charging a little more, think all the single rooms are full.

Even get a balcony at this place.

Omega Man, did you guys get lots of punctures?

Hog's in same size room as us so they charging a little more, think all the single rooms are full.

you deciding on how many choops to bring with... I'm contemplating doing a ghetto tubeless conversion on the DT swiss wheels... last one I tried blew up in my face (literally), but I got the one of my jump bike right and it gave me 8 months of no punctures until I rolled the bead a bit and broke the seal. 5min with a cloth and pump and all good again.

guys from the UK are saying punctures arnt a big thing.

think ill just take 1 tube and a kit and hope for the best.

1 guy ate it hard today in Les Gets, pronounced (Le Ge)

Ouch! I hope not to make any vids like that!

would be interesting to see it form an outside perspective. Hard for me to tell what happened. All I see is him turnng out, then in, chest nearly hitting the bars, then throwing the bike.

EDIT: Nevermind! I see it. at 1:22... his left hand hits the side of the ledge

Edited by sǝɥɔʇɐd

That vid reminds me of a crash I had at Osternohe a few weeks ago. They have a shoulder-high drop immediately after a rocky hairpin corner. Obviously I got a little loose in the corner, so I gave it one last-second pedal before the drop, only for the front to wash out on a loose rock, sending me OTB down the drop. Luckily I got away unscathed.

Guest Omega Man

Ah. Still a massive bargain.

Flats aren't really a problem. I got 1 flat this year. On the Les Gets main line I hit a corner a bit hard and rolled the tire off the rim. Rolled down to the bottom and bought a tube from Intersport. The guys there were kind enough to let me use their tools and compressor to fit the tube. Don't let them do the work. That will cost.

If you are going to Morgins or Crosets I suggest you take a spare tube.

I've done at least 10 park trips this season so far, and only had one flat, which was caused by choosing the pointiest rock I could find as a landing spot.

Just run as little more pressure than normal and take 2 extra tubes.

Guest Omega Man

Just run as little more pressure than normal and take 2 extra tubes.

Yup. That's what I do. One day in the future when tire pressures as apposed to the size of my balls makes a difference to my run times then I'll fiddle with tire pressure. Until then I pump my tires hard cos I hate changing flats.

Haha! That's my idea as well. Pretty much the same reason I didn't get a bike with a Fox 40 and other super high end gear.

Guest Omega Man

Haha! That's my idea as well. Pretty much the same reason I didn't get a bike with a Fox 40 and other super high end gear.

Did you get the Canyon? Saw a few of them in France. Very Nice. Saw a couple of YT industries bikes too. they do a trail bike that had me messing my pants.

Yes, I found a used Torque 6.0 going for cheap, so I snatched it up. Only taken it out twice so far.

It seems like a decent enough bike, and the geo is a great improvement over the Morewood. Waiting for softer springs to arrive, then it's good to go!