Rocket Ron Tyres

twotumble

Morning All,

Just a quick question, can I put a set of Rocket Ron tyres on Fulcrum Red Metal 1 rims without tubes.

Thanks

Craig

if your question is can they be used tubeless? yes they can, i have been using them tubeless for a while now with no problems

if your question is can they be used tubeless? yes they can, i have been using them tubeless for a while now with no problems

Thanks Face Plant, thats basically what I wanted to know.

How good are the sidewalls on these? Looks like a great all-round tyre.

Not a great tyre for South African conditions. Puncture resistance and wear rate is poor - Schwalbe say as much on their website. This is a dedicated XC race orientated tyre.

Not a great tyre for South African conditions. Puncture resistance and wear rate is poor - Schwalbe say as much on their website. This is a dedicated XC race orientated tyre.

Yea rather go for the snakeskin ralphs...grips enough...rolls enough...light enough...tough enough...cheap enough...easy enough to source. They are not the best at anything imo but good at everything

+1 on the above

Had Rocket Rons on my KTM. Sidewall cuts and punctures aplenty. Tossed them after one Sunday morning on the Spruit had me walking back to Buccleauch from Bryanston

Have changed to a Conti X King Protection on the front and a Crossmark UST on the back. Nought issues

1. I have fitted rocket ron's onto Fulcrum red metal 3 wheels, running tubeless no problem, as yet!! Were fitted on the new bike. Side walls are very thin, no option, must use, tires are too exspensive to through away.

Edited by Dustbin Dog

schwalbe evo's suck as far as sidewalls go, I ride them simply becuase people keep on punting them for R250 a pop on specials. And im cheap enough to take those risks, however heard very good things about the snakeskins.