Whats your record weight for an online order?

TheV

Just placed my largest online order to date. Ordered this morning, already dispatched and just received the UPS tracking number...

Previous maximum package/shipment weight for cycling goods was 16kg...

My latest order is 42.7kg!!!!

1x set Wheels, Groupset x 2, Some Park Tools, Reverb seat-post, tires, and a couple other bits...

Whats your record weight for a single shipment of cycling goodies?

Challenge now is to intercept the delivery because my wife will certainly NOT believe me when I tell her 42kg's of cycling goodies cost a grand or two???

Edited by TheV

heavy days?! Wonder if they are going to charge TAX on the weight when it has landed in SA (assuming it is an international order)

Mine was about 25 kg but it was all the cardboard and wrapping that they pack it with.

2Xwheelsets and tyres for road and mtb and road and mtb Groupsets.

heavy days?! Wonder if they are going to charge TAX on the weight when it has landed in SA (assuming it is an international order)

Mine cost me R1900 at the PO but I still saved R6000 on my order

going to be a very heavy bike...

They replaced all the titanium bits with cast steel by the looks

G

TheV you builbing up on that bikestore garage of yours, i should come and buy my parts at your house! Lol

Hey CAV - no jokes!

I now have a fully fledged workshop - pretty much all the major tools... only thing i cant do, or dont have (proper) tools/skills for myself is wheel building... and to be honest dont know if i ever want to go there...

Secondly, what I never knew was that if you order more than R20k - your shipment will be stopped by customs and you will have to furnish them with an IMPORTERS CODE. Not many people know that, I didn't... So I had to apply/register... I'm now officially an importer/exporter as per SARS.. LOL...

I'm done with LBS... had too many bad experiences and been ripped off way to many times, and been frustrated too often by people who dont know jack about bikes but work in a bike shop

Edited by TheV

You can get really good deals if you catch the right sale, but you have to be ever ready to order, because most of these clearance sales sell out within a couple of hours if not minutes..

Also, if you order larger orders you save so much on shipment costs because the %freight cost to order value is greatly improved.

I paid 39 Euros for 42.7kg package, that's crazy! My total cart value was about R30k after I cashed in a 10% discount code. making the shipping cost only about 1.5% of total order value.

To give you an idea, found a sale on Reverb(v2) seatpost for 167 euro, because i negotiated 10% discount voucher on 2500euro min order it was invoiced at 150.3 euro + 1.5% shipping X 10.6 exchange rate X +-16.5% for clearance fee, vat, etc = cost of R 1890 ... delivered to my door within 2-3 days from order

Edited by TheV

You can get really good deals if you catch the right sale, but you have to be ever ready to order, because most of these clearance sales sell out within a couple of hours if not minutes..

Also, if you order larger orders you save so much on shipment costs because the %freight cost to order value is greatly improved.

I paid 39 Euros for 42.7kg package, that's crazy! My total cart value was about R30k after I cashed in a 10% discount code. making the shipping cost only about 1.5% of total order value.

Well done ,i'll ask your advice on my next big order. Wheels are always at a good price on crc so is cranksets

Damn, that's a beeeeeg order! Tax refund time, or just a good bonus? :-P

Or the "I put x away per month for my cycling goodies" approach? Sell your kidney, perhaps?

To give you an idea, found a sale on Reverb(v2) seatpost for 167 euro, because i negotiated 10% discount voucher on 2500euro min order it was invoiced at 150.3 euro + 1.5% shipping X 10.6 exchange rate X +-16.5% for clearance fee, vat, etc = cost of R 1890 ... delivered to my door within 2-3 days from order

Win. Nice one, dude.

Damn, that's a beeeeeg order! Tax refund time, or just a good bonus? :-P

Or the "I put x away per month for my cycling goodies" approach? Sell your kidney, perhaps?

Sold 2x bikes (29er + 26er), saved a bit, using some "credit" and now building 1 bike..to my dream spec...

Also, some of the items are for mates and family... not all mine...

Actually some of their "saving" is helping lower the cost of my items... LOL...

a bit of skimming going on here... hehe