Proof of Payment

Lexx

Tell you what...

let's set up this sucker for a scam himself...."accidently" mail it to a distant post office and make hime drive all the way there to collect....nothing!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys, i hope you can help me. How does Nedbank's online proof of payment look like. The reason i ask is, because my friend sold his PS3 on OLX, but this guy who bought it, are insisting he send the ps3 immediately with overnight delivery. And the funds would only be clear tomorrow morning in his ABSA account. That all ready sounds to dodgy for me. So luckily he didn't send the ps3 yet.

See attached the proof of payment. PROOF OF PAYMENT.pdfPROOF OF PAYMENT.pdf

How the hell did you sell a second hand ps3 for 4.5k?

How the hell did you sell a second hand ps3 for 4.5k?

That's first indication it's fraudulent, paying asking price by EFT for collection or courier. Try sell a phone on one of these dodgy sites, no discussion about price but payment confirmation never comes from bank but from buyer.

I have learnt to check the properties tab, title and author are the give away. And the programme used for creation. 2 images of properties, 0005 is the proof posted in this thread, 0006 is a genuine proof.

We have the problem in our business weekly, customer buys good and pays (via credit card) a premium for overnight to door delivery. Security checks with the bank 9 times out of 10 reveal it as a stolen card. Other 1 time the customer is grateful we are checking.

Lefty a brand new PS3 is between 1.8k for entry level and 3.8k for top of the range, which is why im asking the 4.5k question, i agree this is a fraudster trying to buy im just astonished at the OP's price..

Edited by covie

Lefty a brand new PS3 is between 1.8k for entry level and 3.8k for top of the range, which is why im asking the 4.5k question, i agree this is a fraudster trying to buy im just astonished at the OP's price..

Where do you get a PS3 for 1.8K ? , I want one too please :whistling:

Edited by Cavendish

Easy dude, Wait for funds to clear and to hell with his OverNight Courier Sh....!

I've been selling quite a bit of stuff online recently - mostly through Gumtree. High-priced and easily-sold items always get one or two people SMSing to say they want it, sight unseen, will send proof of payment, please send by courier immediately... you can be pretty sure they are all scams.

It doesn't matter what the proof of payment looks like - don't send anything until the payment shows up in your account. I read somewhere that certain kinds of transfer can be reversed or dishonoured, so even a genuine "proof of payment" does not guarantee that you'll actually get the cash!

If they genuinely are in a hurry, they can deposit cash at any branch of your bank (I also bank at Nedbank) and it shows up in your account immediately. You have to pay a cash deposit fee, but that's a small price to pay for certainty.

I tell buyers not to bother sending me a "proof of payment" - just let me know when they've made the deposit or transfer, and I'll tell them when it clears. So far so good.

Edited by GBguy

Where do you get a PS3 for 1.8K ? , I want one too please :whistling:

Just wait for specials, i bought mine its only 120gig model but shiny new for 1.8k :D

Just wait for specials, i bought mine its only 120gig model but shiny new for 1.8k :D

Damn , I'll do that :thumbup:

I've got this dudes phone number maybe we all must phone him at once, ha ha

Hi Guys, i hope you can help me. How does Nedbank's online proof of payment look like. The reason i ask is, because my friend sold his PS3 on OLX, but this guy who bought it, are insisting he send the ps3 immediately with overnight delivery. And the funds would only be clear tomorrow morning in his ABSA account. That all ready sounds to dodgy for me. So luckily he didn't send the ps3 yet.

See attached the proof of payment. PROOF OF PAYMENT.pdfPROOF OF PAYMENT.pdf

If the payment was made on 11 April it would have shown in the account a long time ago, it is 11 May today, is it not?

I just called the guy.His name is Tom Khumalo. And because I work for sars, I used a little bit of my power as an officer and intimidation. The guy couldn't even answer me. Then he just slammed the phone down in my ear.jees, I hate these guys. Well atleast I'm getting a braai and a couple of cold ones for helping out a friend,lol.

Your friend should lay a charge... esp since the guy is contactable..

PS good move only telling us you work for SARS now - if we knew no-one would have helped you! :D

Edited by dracs