Loctite

TheV

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL.... I can just imagine you standing in a Q at a Postoffice to mail me a tube of half used blue loctite...

Pity the poor humans...

LOL.... I can just imagine you standing in a Q at a Postoffice to mail me a tube of half used blue loctite...

Pity the poor humans...

Haha true it's the idea that count's , the more you give in life the more you'lle receive ( even loctite lol)

RS Components have Loctite. They're a bit pricey, but you can order online and shipping is free in some cases. They're also one of the few places that have actual Loctite, rather than generic blue, generic purple etc.

Thanks Mario - but was hoping for a more direct/detailed tip, Like MAKRO stocks it...

Dont feel like driving around like a fool from ons shop to the other...

Mica Eastgate , loctite might raise blank stares , so ask for nutloc "oh , u want for locking nuts" :thumbup:

Edited by 2nutz

Mica Eastgate , loctite might raise blank stares , so ask for nutloc "oh , want u want for locking nuts" :thumbup:

THANKS - will check it out!

Thanks Mario - but was hoping for a more direct/detailed tip, Like MAKRO stocks it...

Any, and I mean any, hardware store.

This I know about Loctite. There are many different grades from those that hardly lock at all to those that effectively weld two parts together; some don't mind oily parts, others won't stick if oily. So choose wisely - Google is your friend. For what it's worth I make plenty use of 242 on MTB, dirt bike and Land Rover.

I think DEMS are the SA agents and rather don't buy generic - I did, once, and wasn't overly impressed. You usually only need a small tube - I picked up my last one at AutoZone.