An Ibis SL-R is born (The Crow's Mojo V3.0)

Iwan Kemp

What a difference those wheels and tires make! Dropped total weight from 12.94 to 11.5 dead without sacrificing too much strength and rim width. Managed to climb all the way to Mamba yesterday with a 1x10 drivetrain! Never thought that would happen giving how (un)fit I am at the moment. Need to get fitter so I can swop the 33 chainring for something bigger.

Will post some thoughts after another ride or three, but for now I am as happy as can be. Bike has the "snap" I was missing on the HD and the larger frame gives me the length in the TT to achieve the reach I want running a 65mm stem. Winning. Fork needs high-speed small bump butter, but I'm sure it will get there. Have only done one ride on them, but I'm very impressed with the Schwalbes so far.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome news, Crow! I know how hard it is running a 1x setup, and getting all the way to Mamba! But nothing beats it for clearance or reliability. I still find myself trying to "thumb" the lh shifter though!

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome news, Crow! I know how hard it is running a 1x setup, and getting all the way to Mamba! But nothing beats it for clearance or reliability. I still find myself trying to "thumb" the lh shifter though!

Yeah, had one or two left thumb moments! To be honest, I also have to get used to running a trigger shifter for the rear. Not the biggest fan of SRAM triggers.

Yeah, had one or two left thumb moments!

Don't feel bad, I occasionaly have those on really hard climbs, even though I'm running three blades. You know, when you are already in your granny and you try to downshift! :D

Don't feel bad, I occasionaly have those on really hard climbs, even though I'm running three blades. You know, when you are already in your granny and you try to downshift! :D

I agreed, don't feel bad.

I have the same problem on my 1x1 sometimes on the really steep climbs on Table Mountain, when the wind is blowing in head on (The SS is also heavy at 12.6kg's).

You have the uncanny habit of posting pics to frustrate viewers of this thread.....open the damned box already!

You have the uncanny habit of posting pics to frustrate viewers of this thread.....open the damned box already!

Since you ask so nicely... :D

Actually, was trying to post more pics, but the effort it took to get the pics off my iPhone in a state that's usable on The Hub proved quite time consuming. Here goes:

Item No1: e*thirteen XCX Direct Mount Chain Guide

post-1575-0-19673200-1339735574.jpg

Item No2: ODI Rogue Grips

post-1575-0-65280500-1339735276.jpg

Item No Last: Formula Rotor

post-1575-0-03434900-1339735308.jpg

Edited by The Crow

Crow I did ask somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. Did you build those hoops on Superstar hubs?

Crow I did ask somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. Did you build those hoops on Superstar hubs?

Yip. Switch front, Trizoid rear. Very impressed do far.

Yip. Switch front, Trizoid rear. Very impressed do far.

Do they run as loud as some of the others?

Another ****.... Is it the lumo saddle?

Still waiting for Charge's online saddle builder to go live

Do they run as loud as some of the others?

I'd say on par with I9. Not the same tone, but same volume as CK maybe as well. But not as loud as Hope or Halo

Reason for Tizoid over Tank? I'm considering an Evo set f&r built onto Loaded hoops as a spare set. Want to keep the price fairly low and these seem to fit the bill. They are Novatecs rebranded from what I have read right?

Tanks is a DH hub so dedicated 150mm width. Trizoid can go 135x12 or 142x12 with end caps.

Needed a 142x12 hub for the SL-R

Wanted something with super fast engagement

Wanted something that's adaptable

First I've heard that they could be Novatechs. I've heard I9 & Halo. They take the same end caps as Stan's so chances are all of them (bar I9) come out of the same factory. Who knows these days..?