Scott Spark Pro 29 - wheels

RoboLuke

Replaced my Alexrims on my Spark with some Easton EA70 xct's

Pretty happy so far, dunno if it's just me but the Alexrims are a bit

soft for my dik g@t, they for sale by the way R 1500 with tubeless conversion

& rocket ron's fitted. Or if anyone has a crank & bb they wanna swap??

Why are all the stock standard 29ers all coming out with heavy wheels (other than the momsens)

Maybe they do not like comebacks. So they spec them with good solid wheels. Now if you get yourself a set of weenie wheels and stuff them up, it's your problem.

The thing is that bikes are assembled with machine built wheels. They have to error to the heavier side to get the wheels to hold up. If you get a good builder, you will get a stronger light wheel. But not many people are prepared to pay for professional wheel builders.

As mentioned on another thread, many bikes come without a weight limit. Bike companies will be troubled by 160kg riders employing lawyers because their Race gold wheels folded under them while they were just riding along.

I dont have a scott, hsve cannondale flash, and it came spec'd with the sun ringle 450g rims and x9 hub.

I saved about 800gr going with the ztr/tune setup. new setup is 1500gr on the dot, i weigh 60kg though!!

built by ruan at spokeworks.co.za

Mike