CompliMed Midlands ULTRA Tri-Series

B-Active Sports

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning all.

The water Temp has been around 20deg for the past 2 weeks. So I think the chance is quite high of a wetsuit swim.

However a FINAL decision can only be made at 6am on the day by the Triathlon SA officials as per Triathlon SA rules. We have no say at all.

Have a great week and see you are registration.

The B-Active Team

Morning all.

The water Temp has been around 20deg for the past 2 weeks. So I think the chance is quite high of a wetsuit swim.

However a FINAL decision can only be made at 6am on the day by the Triathlon SA officials as per Triathlon SA rules. We have no say at all.

Have a great week and see you are registration.

The B-Active Team

Tell them if they dont allow suits then I wont pay my R70.

I see its gonna be lekker and rainy!!

In March it p*ssed down aswell..

I dont mind the bike in the rain but running 21kms in wet shoes is *** !

Sun, Oct 07 http://weather.news24.com/Images/Icons/Forecasts/4.gif Afternoon clouds. Mild. 22°C to 9°C temp / Wind 14km/h E / 55% Humidity / 18°C comfort level *

Looks like we will have a great day.

See you there.

In March it p*ssed down aswell..

I dont mind the bike in the rain but running 21kms in wet shoes is *** !

Get some w/p shoes. It will save you plenty of blisters on a rainy day. I always take my trial running shoes and my normal dry weather shoes with...

Training for Oct 7 on track. Did a brick session at the cradle on Sunday. 80k cycle and a solid 10k run. The wind was so bad I almost got off the bike at one point to push. Average speed was 24km/h :blush: Picked up a new run belt and another pair of swim goggles from Troisport. Think I'm pretty much ready.Oops just remembered I did not get that extra yellow swim cap :eek:

Garf how's your late swim training coming on ?

*** thx. Gym dwcided to close their pool for the week. Will try and go to another one today. Getting tight. Will probably need to latxh onto someone else during the swim.

Weather forecast looking okisshh. 61% showers predicted. 6h00 19 degress cloudy no rain. 12h00 rain 25 degrees. So if we kick off at 7h30 the water temp should be wetsuit legal. Just make sure you finish your bike leg early before the rain arrives at around midday. I should be done cycling by 11am and dont mind running in the rain. I HATE cycling in the rain. So it looks like its gonna be a cloudy overcast day nice n cool. Perfect racing conditions by my standards.

Hi All

Weather looking better

Sun http://weather.news24.com/Images/Icons/Forecasts/2.gif More sun than clouds. Warm. 28°C 13°C / 15km/h NW /

10% precipitation

1 problem out of our control is fuel, please fill up where you can, some places around Midmar are already empty!!

Have a great week

Edited by B-Active Sports

Hi All

Weather looking better

Sun http://weather.news24.com/Images/Icons/Forecasts/2.gif More sun than clouds. Warm. 28°C 13°C / 15km/h NW /

10% precipitation

1 problem out of our control is fuel, please fill up where you can, some places around Midmar are already empty!!

Have a great week

Thanks. Which site do you use for weather as weatherSA shows different predictions.

It seems we need to bring clothes for all seasons as T1 & T2 could differ by a large margin. Maybe cycle in storms and run in heat or the other way around.

Questions:-

1.) Can I bring my crate into transition and leave it there? Because rain is around I would like to put my run gear inside the crate and not outside on a towel for obvious reasons. I would like to start the run dry if possible. Got to run the Otter next weekend so I wanna keep blisters to a minimum....

2.) Can I please bring a small coolerbox in which I can put my bottles? Should it be hot it is nice to have a cold one in T1 and T2....

The fuel should sort itsself out as everyone is filling up today before the price hike tonight. Most stations should refuel by the weekend so the more expensive fuel should be available.....

Hi Garfield

We look at weather 24 and a few others. But there are some conflicting reports. We expect some drizzel but not too much and then for it to clear up and become hot. So bring your winter woolies, dry-mac and suncream just to be safe!

Regarding your questions... you will need to clear these on the day with the KZNTA Officials. We will once again have a cooler box at the run exit for you to leave your bottles in, you can collect for the bike and run if you like?

Regarding the crate, this will be up to the officials. We just organise the races... following their rules. Sorry!

Cheers

Damian

Hi Garfield

We look at weather 24 and a few others. But there are some conflicting reports. We expect some drizzel but not too much and then for it to clear up and become hot. So bring your winter woolies, dry-mac and suncream just to be safe!

Regarding your questions... you will need to clear these on the day with the KZNTA Officials. We will once again have a cooler box at the run exit for you to leave your bottles in, you can collect for the bike and run if you like?

Regarding the crate, this will be up to the officials. We just organise the races... following their rules. Sorry!

Cheers

Damian

Ok cool, I will bring the cavalry and take it up with them. Or make my own transition bags like at ironman....

4 x GU

3 x Roctane Gels

1 x NEW Roctane Drink Sachet

2 x Sachets of GU Brew

3 x GU Electrolyte Tabs

+ a FREE NEW Chocolate Smoothie Recovery Sachet