CompliMed Midlands ULTRA Tri-Series

B-Active Sports

That was for the trip to the bike shop this morning. Needed to set the gears for the disk.

WIll travel with AC's on.

See you there.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What an awesome race. Perfect organising, perfect weather and a perfect experience overal!! Well done organisers. Also well done to all who took part.

Did any racers measure the course with their GPS watches? Was it a true 70.3? I hope so as I did a PB time!!

Oh and the Garf did it again. After racking up a few more "HUB" scalps the other day at Bela Bela (DaveM :whistling:) , he also won the prize trophy of the BradWentzel. :ph34r:

only did the sprint & don't have a wetsuit....dam that water was cold!

anyone know when the results will be available on-line?

I agree, an awesome race and it has only improved over the last few years. My Garmin logged 2.02kms for the swim, 86.58kms for the bike and 21.3kms for the run. 3.1kms short, but I'll take it, also did a PB.

I agree, an awesome race and it has only improved over the last few years. My Garmin logged 2.02kms for the swim, 86.58kms for the bike and 21.3kms for the run. 3.1kms short, but I'll take it, also did a PB.

I guess timewise the extra run canceled out the maringally shorter bike. If anyone finds a polar watch 15m deep in the dam, it is mine!

I guess timewise the extra run canceled out the maringally shorter bike. If anyone finds a polar watch 15m deep in the dam, it is mine!

Whats was the time garf?

Hi JGR

05h39. Finally after 10 x 70.3's I finally broke 6 hours!!

Was a fast course but a lot longer than the previous Midlands course.

Had the best day of my racing career by far. Now to repeat everything I did for the last week before every race!

How did Seeker go?

Hi JGR

05h39. Finally after 10 x 70.3's I finally broke 6 hours!!

Was a fast course but a lot longer than the previous Midlands course.

Had the best day of my racing career by far. Now to repeat everything I did for the last week before every race!

How did Seeker go?

Nice one - great time.

How did the course compare to EL? ride and run profile?

JGR

I am on kind of a roll. Need races however. Have you ever done the "Jailbreak"?

Need to consider that for December to keep me going!

Nice one - great time.

How did the course compare to EL? ride and run profile?

Honestly for me it was easier but I was fitter. Other okes say it was harder but obviously they were fitter at EL. Tough time of the year to hold a 70.3 I guess.

But if I had to say I would think the run course was harder. Up and down the wole time unlik EL when there is only Bunkers. The Bike has to be easier despite the irritating cross wind. EL has more wind and more climbs as simple as that. I would like to think that my time here would equate to just under 6 hours in EL but thats just me.

What does the other guys think?

Common give us some Garmin stats. Total ascending vs EL etc

JGR

I am on kind of a roll. Need races however. Have you ever done the "Jailbreak"?

Need to consider that for December to keep me going!

Yes - done JB. First year the bike was cancelled due to wind. I dont think it is a fantastic race and maybe not worth the money to travel from Bloem unless you make a long weekend of it and spend some time in CT/winlands.

They are also introducing a 3 lapper so a few options to choose from. There is a nicer race (imho) end of this month - Slanghoek Triathlon 1.2/53/12.

Are you looking for race to fine tune for IM or just a good challenge? There is a really nice race in the West Coast National Park in Feb - Garmin Warm Water - 2km/70/13km trail. If you are in the garden route during xmas there is a race in knysna on the 23rd of december.

I am looking for a long raced to fine tune for Abu Dhabi Tri. So if the wind blows and it is hot it is perfect. I see they have a 133km bike leg this year. Could be good!

If I can fond 4 other guys we will def drive down and obviously make it a long weekend! Already asked my Joburg training group. Otherwise I might just fly down with Mango and rent a car or something......

I just realised that racing is fun and we need to do that more. its crazy to put all these countless hours in just for one event and then you could get sick or have a mechanical.

I am looking for a long raced to fine tune for Abu Dhabi Tri. So if the wind blows and it is hot it is perfect. I see they have a 133km bike leg this year. Could be good!

If I can fond 4 other guys we will def drive down and obviously make it a long weekend! Already asked my Joburg training group. Otherwise I might just fly down with Mango and rent a car or something......

I just realised that racing is fun and we need to do that more. its crazy to put all these countless hours in just for one event and then you could get sick or have a mechanical.

That makes sense. If you come in a group it will be much cheaper - I also think the race is on a Saturday so gives you the rest of the weekend as well. Maybe you should do the life sentence - I think its 3km/120km/33km or somthing like that.

Also if you fly im sure there will be some hubbers that will give you a life out that way

That makes sense. If you come in a group it will be much cheaper - I also think the race is on a Saturday so gives you the rest of the weekend as well. Maybe you should do the life sentence - I think its 3km/120km/33km or somthing like that.

Also if you fly im sure there will be some hubbers that will give you a life out that way

Cool thx!

Will definately look into that. Ja I am eying that long race!

Maybe if I borrow one of those choc cow suits + wrap 2 blanket on top of that I can simulate Abu Dhabi desert?

Cool thx!

Will definately look into that. Ja I am eying that long race!

Maybe if I borrow one of those choc cow suits + wrap 2 blanket on top of that I can simulate Abu Dhabi desert?

The cape is spring will provide you with enought wind - dont worry about that. Its hot and dusty out that way so should be a good simulation