dear mrclean, have you never heard of the north shore or wistler or wales? ...

debullet

Ok you win, we are ****. Minnaar and Burry were just flukes. Our mountain biking is ***. I hope Mr Clean will be more restrained in his commentary in future.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you sure as nuts were trying to compare something to something else. What exactly seems to only make sense in your mind.

Are you trying to ask me a question or is your grammar just bad?

Now we're even more confused by your rant.

I'm not confused, because he did mention that he was drunk when he ranted and raved. :whistling:

Are you trying to ask me a question or is your grammar just bad?

Shame.

I'm not confused, because he did mention that he was drunk when he ranted and raved. :whistling:

Ah, right. My bad. Haven't had enough to drink yet. Hey, OP, hang on a few minutes while a have a few more G&T's. I'll down on your level in two shakes of a lamb's tale. F**kin grammar can suck my arse!

Oh, wait, I was grammatically correct there. Stupid f**kin university education. Shows you. You get what you pay for.

Ok you win, we are ****. Minnaar and Burry were just flukes. Our mountain biking is ***. I hope Mr Clean will be more restrained in his commentary in future.

No man, that's not what I'm getting at.

Just because we have lots of well run multi day endurance events doesn't mean we are the mtb center of the world. There are quiet a few other places that have done much more for mountain biking and have far better trails than we have have. Minnar and stunder would probably agree, in fact I saw minnar in an interview saying that whistler has the best trials in the world. What's the big deal with me disagreeing with AM's statement? Yes i have ridden some good trails in sa but I think there is loads of potential for better.

What's the big deal with me disagreeing with AM's statement? Yes i have ridden some good trails in sa but I think there is loads of potential for better.

What's the big deal with thinking we aren't a world class mtb destination?

You think the UCI holds a round of the world cup here cause they feel sorry for us?

Oh, wait, I was grammatically correct there. Stupid f**kin university education. Shows you. You get what you pay for.

Haha. Did I hit a nerve?

And yes, I always drink when I rant and rave.

Maybe you should use that university education and impeccable grammar of yours to have an opinion on my opinion instead of just griping? That is, after all, why I posted it...

have an opinion on my opinion instead of just griping? That is, after all, why I posted it...

Likewise. Play the ball, not the man, as it were. Carry on then.

the difference between SA and the rest of the world is that only a very small percentage of our MTB trails are commercial parks like whistler. Whistler is popular because it is has top class trails AND because it is a commercial park. We have trais littered all over the country and even the most well travelled mountain biker will only have knowledge of a very small percentage of them all. There are km's of track out there that you dont even know of purely because they are not advertised. We may not have one single park better than the likes of whistler but collectively the quality and quantity of our "wild" tracks alone puts us up there - lets not forget the "parks"

Likewise. Play the ball, not the man, as it were. Carry on then.

You started but ok then.

Your favourite mountain bike rides in SA? I'm interested to know if I'm missing out on something?

No man, that's not what I'm getting at.

Just because we have lots of well run multi day endurance events doesn't mean we are the mtb center of the world. There are quiet a few other places that have done much more for mountain biking and have far better trails than we have have. Minnar and stunder would probably agree, in fact I saw minnar in an interview saying that whistler has the best trials in the world. What's the big deal with me disagreeing with AM's statement? Yes i have ridden some good trails in sa but I think there is loads of potential for better.

I say bud, you'll make an excellent politician or tabloid journo. We obviously quoted you "out of context" :devil:

You started but ok then.

Your favourite mountain bike rides in SA? I'm interested to know if I'm missing out on something?

I don't even own a bicycle. Duh...

We obviously quoted you "out of context" :devil: