Lets build some dirt ramps in Greenstone

Stafford

Hi guys, I am really keen to build some new jumps in the Eastside. would anyone be keen to join me and maybe give some advice? I am really keen on building a line in the middle of the tree line on Modderfontein road going towards Kempton park.

I know there are a few complexities in terms of the municipality etc. who know what i need to do?

post-30074-0-50697900-1337672332.gif

Edited by Stafford Hector

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think we will run into problems with council there.

I think we should just make the jumps that exist better,

DHL - last time was awesome, just too many hobos

Scout Hall line - apparently are rideable again but probably just need some finishing off, mb some reshaping also.

BP jumps - are pretty cool, need to learn how to ride them then you can have fun, beginner line is crap thou.

more than enough to work with there :thumbup:

Scout Hall line - apparently are rideable again but probably just need some finishing off, mb some reshaping also.

BP jumps - are pretty cool, need to learn how to ride them then you can have fun, beginner line is crap thou.

DHL, no longer "Da Huge Line", but now "Da Hobo Lounge"

But yeah... Scout Hall is definitely worth some work. As you said... still rideable (well they were about 6 weeks ago when I last rode there). With winter on its way, the jungle between jumps 3 & 4 should die off, and make life a lot easier.

I think we also need to revive the 10m. You know... just in case I feel like giving it a bash :lol:

As for the bike park... yup! the middle and big lines are looking good. Now I just need to commit to the beeeg #4... darn it!

Edited by patches

Thanks guys, just sux that we gotta travel.... would be great if the oaks in the east had a bit of their own space too.

I spoke to the guy thats built the Modders trail and they are focussing on the XC for noew but may want to do something closer to the end of the year depending.

Does anyone have any video/literature on building jumps maybe? mght even consider making arrangements with the lot owner next to the MacDonalds, whatcha guys think?

What do you guys call the Hurlingham line?

Rekon right next to edenvale hospital , where the zionists pray.Already open tons of sand.May not last for ever as something is going to get built there.Its been like that for almost 10 years now so track cuda been rocking for a while already.

Bru, thats such a brilliant idea!!!! U keen to join the plight? lets arrange something bru!!

Ye idm,Also spoke to the guy who owns the lake behind edenvale builders.Said hes keen to build some tracks there just short of cash.So if guys willing to dig could make jumps & pretty technical tracks down those embankments. :thumbup:

Rekon right next to edenvale hospital , where the zionists pray.Already open tons of sand.May not last for ever as something is going to get built there.Its been like that for almost 10 years now so track cuda been rocking for a while already.

Wasn't that supposed to be a dangerous area - bike jacking hotspot?

Havent heard of any jackings there so far? the field further behind edenvale is fairly dodge though so i get how you feel. i also asked for the details of the plot next to stoneridge so as soon as i get some info ill def share. good thing is there is some stacked dirt there already too. not a huge amount but looks workable.

Wasn't that supposed to be a dangerous area - bike jacking hotspot?

I skated the most ghetto spots in my life, people see u doing crazy **** they tend to leave you alone.Just having them dopping & cheering for u by the end.

Plus im too big & ugly to get bike jacked.

what about under the power lines ?

nice slope and plenty space .

the line is just out of sight at the very bottom of the pic .

Also for another spot,In norwood across from the police station, about 4 years ago we had a little skatepark & the bmx guys brought sum dirt in for jumps.Was going well, most of the cops kids used to come learn there, we even used to take the turntables & like 100 hotdogs & feed everyone.Cops used to run us power across the street,Norwoods old community council closed it down as having fun is no good.

My friend lives right nextdoor was checking it out yesterday and can still work, some of the mounds are still there, just need to be shaped.

Anyhow we gonna start carving a line there too just for fun nothing big or hectic,so thats a option too.

Also for another spot,In norwood across from the police station...

Nice. I have a friend who lives around the corner there. Let us know if you get it up and running.

I dont think they gonna build there.. Heard something about them not being able to.. And i think its pretty safe in the day.