Training Ride Cape town MTB

Keen to do a long slow ride on Saturday leaving Vida e Cafe Kloof st  7am.

deerpark ,rhodes mem , constantia, tokai(mast) silvermine , noordhoek(eat) return via Silvermine and tokai , deerpark ............ estimated time 5-6 hours ..... 2500m to 2800m climbing, distance  ?? 70-90km

I would be very keen for that ride, but am committed for Wiesenhof. Doing backup for TitusTi.

Also, think I might slow you down. Anyone who suggests a ride like that has got to be much fitter than me!

Maybe another weekend...?

Pity about the timing - but it does sound like quite an awesome route - maybe another weekend....??

Pity about the timing - but it does sound like quite an awesome route - maybe another weekend....??

Have done most of it at seperate times. The only un-awesome part is the climb to the mast Dead

iceChilli....how do you get to Silvermine? I know about the contour running from Tokai to the gate at Silvermine, but heard a rumour somewhere that there's a trail running to S/mine off of the tar road leading to the mast?

iceChilli....how do you get to Silvermine? I know about the contour running from Tokai to the gate at Silvermine' date=' but heard a rumour somewhere that there's a trail running to S/mine off of the tar road leading to the mast? 

[/quote']

Climb up '- Die Ou Wa Pad' form Noordhoek?

Something like this ride I guess: (I missed out the bit to the mast though).

20080109_130601_MTB_round_the_m.jpg

Oh sorry - you're doing a there and back and not going over Chappies...

I might be in if I can organise the painter to come later/earlier...will let you know.